Friday 4 October 2024

COMMISSIONS

 been busy on commission work this week so nothing for Apocalypse Me, or Orctober ( I know, two challenges at the same time, who would be that mad ! Well me obviously ! LOL), as I have been busy on commission pieces, the first three are for one of my regular clients, and have a spooky theme to them, which is very apt for this time of year. First up is a fireplace, this was built out of foamcore, some plasticard, and a bit of greenstuff.


Next is a Grandfather Clock, this was mostly plasticard, some acetate and a bit of greenstuff.


Last is a portrait, this was greenstuff on a plasticard back, I gave the canvas texture, to give it a bit of realism, and it's been a while since I've done a bit of traditional art, let alone in miniature ! LOL


Here is a group shot, with a model for scale.


Last today is the recent commission I did for Jeff over at kuribospainting why have I not shown this before, well I wanted Jeff, to post about it first, which he already has.



This was an interesting piece to do, based off of a Black Bellied Pangolin ( one of the larger species), as it's based off of a real creature, it has to be 100 % accurate, and have includes the reference picture below.


Still got a lot more commissions to finish, so no idea what will be in the next post, so will be a surprise to us all ! LOL So until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

1 comment:

  1. Those scenic bits look very nice. Its inspiring to see that sort of stuff as I think they make terrain look much more realistic and impressive. As far as the pangolin goes, all I can say is I appreciate your patience sculpting all of those scales! :)

    ReplyDelete