Thursday 9 March 2023

ROGUES AND VILLAINS

 One of the packs of Armada ships I got for Christmas was the rogues & villains pack, this contains a lot of the bounty hunter ships, and some recognisable rogues, and some less so ! First up is the Millennium Falcon, now I could have gone for a less well known version, but as I have Han, chewie and Lando, in the figures it would be rude not to go for the classic.


Next is Dash Rendar's Outrider which is a modified YT-2400 light freighter, as above I could have gone for another version like the one the Iron Squadron used, but I have Dash as a model.


Before showing the other Rogues I'll move on to the Bounty Hunter ships, and start with Slave 1 which for anyone who doesn't know is Boba Fetts ship.


Next we have Hounds Tooth which is Bossk's ship


Next is Punishing One which is Dengar's ship


Last of the Bounty Hunters is IG-88's ship IG-2000


Before I finish the rogues ships I have two from the Rebel Fighters pack 2 to show, the first of these is the Ghost as used by Hera Syndulla in Star Wars Rebels, you get a second one in the box, which I will have to come up with another colour scheme for.


Next is the Shadow Castor piloted by Ketsu, also seen in the series Star Wars Rebels.


These last two ships I knew very little about and had to look them up, to find colour schemes, the first is the Moldy Crow


The last ship today is the Havoc, this made quite a change with the colours used.


I've still got more fighters to paint so expect them at some point. Hoping to have the challenge roundup soon, just waiting for one person to finish posting their bits and I will have it up, while were on the subject of challenges Roger is looking to start one, it currently is having input, and if you'd like to join in and have your say on the subject you can check it out here rantingsfromunderthewargamestable . That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

22 comments:

  1. Some more excellent minis there, Dave. I really hope I cans stumble across mine at some point now I'm starting to sift through the loft and get some auctions going on eBay. Your paint-jobs are inspirational and I'll certainly be checking back to look at these again when I do find my boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, hope the search goes well for you, as going through collections can take time ! LOL I find the trick on these little ships, is a quick wash with Nuln Oil, and dry brush the base colour works well, then small amounts of the markings colour really stands out, hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. Awesome to see these tiny ships painted up - they've come up really well! I was a little disappointed to see how plain they look compared to the large and capital ships, but I'd need to play the game a few times before swinging around to these myself. certainly an inspiration to paint them myself one day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, I think one of the biggest problem on these is their size, they are too small in comparison to the fighters, I found there was just enough detail to utilise a wash and drybrush technique for the base colours, but was tricky on some of the markings ! LOL

      Delete
    2. I guess these smaller ships are pretty much all an abstraction at that scale - the fighters and larger ships all seem to be WAY too large compared to the capital ships in the game.
      https://youtu.be/8CRA_yE4D-s?t=52
      I do keep eyeing off that Executor model...

      Delete
    3. I found that both systems available don't have a proper scale, but as you say in this scale it is very abstract. There is some very cool models in the range, but some hefty price tags to ! LOL

      Delete
  3. I had these when I used to play/collect Armada. Really nicely detailed little ships. Your paintjobs on these are great Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, for their size they are good models, just wish one of the ship ranges was proper scale ! LOL

      Delete
    2. Second attempt at posting
      Excellent all round, the sculpts the paint jobs etc.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Joe, sorry about the problems with blogger, it can be a pain ! No sculpting on my part with these, but did enjoy trying to match the colours on such a small scale

      Delete
  4. Those all look great. I even recognize a couple. The rest are strangers. 😀
    How big are these? I think pretty small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, on average they are under 2 cm in length (3/4 of an inch) so quite small. I wouldn't worry on not recognizing some of them I had to look up a couple myself ! LOL

      Delete
  5. I. Am. In. Love. With. These.
    I do love spaceships, and seeing these tiny beauties in their colours is simply unbeatable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, I do to , I was worried going for this scale that they would look a bit bland, but I've surprised myself with how they come out ! LOL

      Delete
  6. I love these tiny spaceships and unsurprisingly, I immediately recognized almost all of them :D These remind me a lot of the toys called Micro Machines which came out when I was a kid. I'm not sure if they were released in the UK and it might have been under a different name, if so, but there's something charming about tiny spaceships! I look forward to seeing more as you get them done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, you may keep your Star Wars membership card then ! LOL Micro Machines first started appearing in the early 80's and were in the UK, they did change their subject matter and size later on. Only got a few more on the desk, and will then need to get some more at some point.

      Delete
  7. lovely work mate, I too recognised most of them (From the board game Outer Rim tbh). You done a stellar job on such tiny ships I hate painting spaceships!

    Thanks also for the shout out, much appreciated.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, being so small they can seem quite daunting, so relied heavily on washes and drybrushing ! LOL No problem on the shout out for the challenge, the more the merrier I say !

      Delete
  8. John@justneedsvarnish12 March 2023 at 14:12

    These are all really nice, Dave! :-) Quite a bit of variety there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, there was a lot more variety painting these to painting the Imperial fighters ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Awesome to see all these little ships and I imagine it takes some magnifying work to get them painted! Did 4-LOM have a ship too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, all painted by eye, but I'll probably need a magnifier before long ! LOL 4-LOM and Zuckuss both used the same brand of ship, but they don't have a model in this scale, so I'll have to make one at some point ! LOL

      Delete