Sunday 19 March 2023

YOU MUST BE THRAWN'S ASSASSIN

 Today I have a Imperial character from Star Wars Rebels Rukh, now I did find a 3D print, but it was based off of the comic book version, and I really wanted one based off the cartoon series so built my own version, I have found some nice prints of Grand Moff Tarkin, and Colonel Yularen, that I hope to pick up at some point, to add to my Imperial characters. Here is what Wookipedia says about Rukh :

Rukh was a male Noghri from Honoghr who served as the bodyguard and assassin of Imperial Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn used Rukh's name as the override command for his sparring droids. Rukh was an excellent tracker and fighter with a strong senses of smell. During Darth Vader's mission with Thrawn, Rukh snuck around the barracks where Vader's personal forces resided, clearly not trusting them. In 1 BBY, Thrawn employed Rukh's services in hunting down members of the Spectres rebel cell and the Lothal resistance group. Rukh played an important role in capturing the Spectres leader and Rebel Alliance General Hera Syndulla during the failed attack on Lothal. Rukh would later see further action against the Spectres in the lead up to the Liberation of Lothal. Rukh perished at the hands of Garazeb Orrelios, who electrocuted him while fighting inside the Imperial Complex.

Below is the painted version of the model, and the reference picture below.


Below is the green stuff shot to prove I sculpted it ! LOL


Have a few other characters on the workbench and some Monsters in preparation for Monster May(hem), plus looking at ideas for Roger's challenge that I will be sculpting, for anyone that hasn't checked out his challenge, we will all be painting the same model that is sculpted by me, probably the challenge will be taking place in September but the date is still to be confirmed, the current question is what monster will we be painting, Dragonkin, Snakeman, Ogre, or Troll, if you want to take part, you can add your input here rantingsfromunderthewargamestable . That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

22 comments:

  1. John@justneedsvarnish19 March 2023 at 12:41

    Nicely done, Dave! :-) A good fighting pose there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, It came from a scene at the end of the series, when the Imperials ambushed the rebels at there base.

      Delete
  2. Another Star Wars character I know nothing about. It's clear the cartoon series they keep producing are really building upon the canon. You're clearly in your element with it, Dave, which is always nice to see. And you made me while away some time watching YouTube clips about Rukh too. LOL!!. Excellent pose - really captures his gorilla-like movement/stance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, with all the comics you review and read I'm surprised you hadn't come across him, he was voiced by Warwick Davies in the cartoons. His movements were very alien compared to the humans, which was a refreshing change, and your probably right on the animal that they mimicked.

      Delete
    2. I tend to steer clear of the Star Wars comics tbh, Dave, as like most of the Star Trek & Doctor Who ones, they bitterly disappoint me - usually because the author is simply revisiting old stories/characters or making some sort of political statement. They're not good imho. LOL!!!

      Delete
    3. That's a fair point Simon, and could be said about a lot of comics and films and series and books, that they become political agendas, especially in sci fi as then there is no fallback on what they say, as it's fiction ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Another fantastic sculpt! I think I have to check out the Star Wars animated series at some point, there seem to be a lot of interesting characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Snapfit, if you like the Clone Wars Era, you have the Clone Wars series, and Bad Batch which covers the rise of the Galactic Empire, then Rebels covers the time leading up to a New Hope

      Delete
  4. Looks really great. It’s super cool that you’re like ‘I want a miniature of soandso, I’ll make one.” 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, it certainly saves a lot of money ! LOL Can't always afford the models I want, and sometimes the models available don't cover what I would like, so being able to make it can fill in those gaps.

      Delete
  5. Once again you prove yourself a craftsman, your sculpting skills and perseverance keep on bringing new life to the SW universe, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, eventually I'd like all the characters from Rebels, and a lot more of Tatooine, but it takes time ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Another wierd and wonderful creation that imho closely matches the working drawing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, always try to do my research, and try to remember to post the background for those who don't know the source (I know, I often forget, but I am trying ! LOL)

      Delete
  7. That's an interesting one and not one I was familiar with at all! Kudos on getting him sculpted! I really want to see Grand Moff Tarkin, now that you mentioned him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, the cartoon series have some really strong characters, which I'd like to add most of them, currently saving up for Tarkin, so he may be some time ! LOL

      Delete
  8. I'm still torn as to whether I prefer Rebels Ruhk or Timothy Zhan's version...

    Regardless, great effort making your own version of this character! he's a bad arse and deserves his own fig for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, as I really like Rebels, I went with this one, but can understand the conflict. Happy to have him available for games, still a few more Rebels characters to come in the future as well.

      Delete
  9. Do I get any bonus points for knowing the character from the Star Wars novels? I thought the Noghri looked familiar and then as I read on, I was glad that I still remember useless information like this. I think you nailed the Rebels design and thanks for showing us your work to prove you did it :D Excellent work as always, Dave! I'm starting to think if I wait patiently enough Prince Xizor himself might get sculpted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, and of course you get bonus points ! LOL Useless information, always comes in handy sooner or later ! LOL As I have Xizor's ship, there is a distinct possibility I may get round to him, as I played the Shadows of the Empire game with him in as well.

      Delete
  10. That's an ..interesting character design. Then again, I'm WAAAAY behind on the old Star Wars animated stuff (I think I'm still in S1 of Clone Wars V2). I can tell it's a great sculpt by all of the people who recognise the character, though - and the paint looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, that is a long way back ! LOL if your planning on watching Ashoka, Star Wars Rebels will give you a lot of history ready for the new show. Another to add to the collection ! LOL

      Delete