Wednesday 15 February 2023

ONCE A SCOUNDREL, ALWAYS A SCOUNDREL

 Today I have a model of Cikatro Vizago, who played a big part in "Star Wars Rebels" series for anyone who doesn't know the character or series, this is what Wookieepedia has to say about him :

"Business is all that matters. But I love that you don't know that."

―Cikatro Vizago[5]

Cikatro Vizago was a male Devaronian crime lord who ran the Broken Horn Syndicate on the planet Lothal during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Vizago's operations included smuggling and extortion, with his rule backed by dangerous IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droids. On several occasions, Vizago employed the rebel crew of the starship Ghost, who performed several smuggling runs in exchange for either credits or Imperial intelligence.

The Devaronian crime lord also possessed various acquaintances, such as fellow crime boss Azmorigan and the human smuggler Lando Calrissian. Despite his shady dealings, Vizago helped Ezra Bridger rescue his master Kanan Jarrus from Imperial captivity after the latter identified himself as a Jedi. Vizago and Calrissian later abandoned Lothal after a skirmish with Imperial stormtroopers in the dilapidated village of "Tarkintown." Sometime later, Vizago temporarily lost control of his own ship to the pirate Hondo Ohnaka, and was forced to call in Bridger's favor in order to retake it.

The Specters later solicited Vizago's help in smuggling them into Lothal. As punishment, Vizago was sentenced to penal labor aboard the Mining Guild ore crawler Crawler 413-24. Vizago cross paths with the Spectres, who freed him and the other slaves. Out of gratitude, Vizago joined the Rebellion. He contributed to the Liberation of Lothal by helping Mart Mattin and Wolffe to summon a pod of purrgil to attack Grand Admiral Thrawn's Seventh Fleet.

I've tried to match the colours as best as I can to the reference picture I've included below.


Now where did I get this model, as many of you will already have guessed it's another scratchbuild, other than the hands which were spare from a previous model, construction pictures are below.


Still got some more models I'd like to get finished for the challenge, but will have to see how far I get, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Dave, and a cracking write-up too. Not heard of Cikatro Vizago myself - though I tend to steer away from Star Wars these days as a result of Disney. However, your infectious love of the sci-fi universe continues to shine through. I'd certainly be interested in teaming him up with Lando should an official model ever be released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I got into rebels as I hoped as it was a cartoon I could get my younger children to watch it, didn't work but I followed along, season 2 got more gritty and 3 and 4 were excellent, so having the characters from it for gaming is the plan. I doubt they will produce an official model of him, and I haven't seen a 3D print either, so it could be a long wait.

      Delete
  2. Loved this Dev in the cartoon. Great sculpt Dave and paint job is right out of the cartoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, agree he was a great character, glad you like the sculpt and painting as translating cartoon to realistic can be difficult.

      Delete
  3. Another piece of genius, terrific rendition of the character, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, it's a character I've wanted for a while, and good to finally have him done.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the sculpt. Looks just like the character to me. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, his face is a little off, but I can live with it ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Amazing sculpt and paint job, really captures the essence of the character. Great work, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Snapfit, didn't take long to do about 3 days from start to finish, so pleased with the overall result.

      Delete
  6. I never got around to watching Rebels but I can still see that you nailed the likeness on this character. Lucasfilm should do the right thing here and just give you a job. You're doing such a great job with all of these Star Wars minis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, season 1 was okay, but it got a lot better from season 2 to 4, and gave a lot of information about well known characters as well. That would be my dream job, and I'm available if Dave, and John need a hand ! LOL

      Delete
  7. lovely work on another character I'm not familiar with, the only animated Star Wars series I've really gotten into is "Bad Batch", but maybe one day if I run out of stuff to watch I'll give rebels a go. Wasn't their ship in one of the last couple of films for a second? and I seeem to think you can get it for X wing too.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, if you can get through season 1 which is very child orientated then the other 3 seasons are well worth the effort, and produced by Dave Filloni who did Bad Batch, and several characters that appear in Bad Batch also appear in Rebels. The Ghost has appeared in two movies now, Rogue One. and number 9 which we don't talk about ! LOL Indeed you can and it also appears in Armada as well.

      Delete
  8. John@justneedsvarnish20 February 2023 at 14:19

    I'm late to the party again, but very nicely done, Dave, a really nice sculpt and finish! :-) Reminds me that I need to watch Rebels again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, no worries, at least you got here ! LOL Such a great character surprised an official one has never been released, and just rewatching it ready for the new season of "The Mandalorian" as I'm sure were going to see some links, and in Ahsoka.

      Delete
  9. INteresting alien sculpt and very close to the animated version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, animated characters can be the trickiest to do if you want to go for realistic, but I do like a challenge ! LOL

      Delete
  10. I haven't watched the cartoons, so I didn't recognize him. But turned out nice and I really like the stance and weight of the mini you sculpted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, the cartoons add a lot of background and missing details, so can be well worth it. Didn't want to go too fight based, but readiness for what was coming.

      Delete