Monday 22 January 2024

SETTING THE SCENE

 I've been busy doing some more pieces for my customer, these first ones are pieces that he sent to me for painting. Up first 3 tables, these are metal.


Next is a bar, this piece is metal also and came in to pieces.


Next is a wood totem, once I'd shown him the picture he asked, if I could add a base to make this one more stable, and is in the second picture with the stone totems which are all 3D prints.


Next we have some tombs, the two on the left are actually ones that my company produce, and the one on the right is a 3D print which has two different internals.


Next is a pair of decorative suits of armour which are also 3D prints.


Now we get to some pits I've been making for my client, the first one has a bag of gold spilling out. The second one has a corpse on it, when my customer told me that in the scenario you could have a geyser erupt out of them I used a head that had most of the flesh missing with only a couple of areas with it.


Last today is a mistake on my part, as I totally misconstrued what my customer was looking for, so we have a dead horse in snow drift.


I have no idea if my customer will want this, so I could be flogging a dead horse if anyone is interested ! LOL That's all for todays post, so until next time, stay  safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Lovely work Dave. My favourites are the pits that you had to make although I am curious as to what the dead horse brief was? Great job though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, they've been fun to build, the horse came from the pit brief, as I really got the idea wrong, but not a problem, working in the right direction now ! LOL

      Delete
  2. All the pieces are cool and interesting, they look evocative and will make fun scenarios, no doubt. The dead horse tells a story by itself! Congrats, well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, I think you've hit the nail on the head scenery should always tell a story, or at least be the start of one

      Delete
  3. Flogging a dead horse indeed, lol! Nice work on all of these. I like how you painted up the stone bits and the glass bottles. Glass bottles are something I want to get better at, just going to take some practice till I'm happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, indeed ! LOL I'm still not hundred percent happy with the bottle painting, but an improvement on last time, so I'll keep pushing until I'm totally happy ! LOL

      Delete
  4. nice job! I'm very curious what original request was misunderstood to get dead horse in snow drift. 😁
    everything though looks the bizness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, It was a brief for the pits, which my old brain didn't get, and focused on the section of dead body with snow drift, so ended up with one element of the brief rather than the big picture ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Lol now I need to know what the original request was, if it was just an epic game of telephone or some misunderstood idiom. Everything looks great as always though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SD, I'm afraid it is just a case of me getting old, and focusing on one element as I said to Stewart, but wanted to show my mistake, rather than hiding it and pretending it didn't happen ! LOL

      Delete
  6. John@justneedsvarnish24 January 2024 at 15:05

    All spot on, Dave! :-) Mistake or not, that's a neat depiction of a dead horse in a snow drift! You could always convert it to a dead tauntaun in a snow drift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, mistakes happen, after all were only human ! LOL Funny enough my first thought was if it was a Tauntaun I'd have a use for it ! ROFL

      Delete
  7. Marvellous array of bits and bobs, Dave, with the corpse by the pit being my fave - that looks epic. Sad to hear about the horse in the snow drift, but surely someone into Napoleonics would like that as a piece for a Retreat from Moscow tabletop..? It definitely looks unique and suitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, luckily on the corpse I had the perfect zombie head, so that saved some time ! LOL These things happen, so I'm not to worried about it, my client may decide he wants it yet, if not I'm sure someone will need a dead horse at some point ! LOL

      Delete
  8. That horse would be great in a snowy cowboy game! I'm sure it could work in a lot of other settings too. Either way, its a funny mix-up and I appreciate your humility in sharing it with us. The rest of what you painted looks great too. Those tables have a really nice worn look to them, for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, always been one to own up to my mistakes, and yes there is probably a lot of settings this horse would work in. Thank you, they have all been fun to do, and test what I can do, which helps push the skills.

      Delete
  9. That's a great set of RPG terrain you've assembled and painted there, Dave - any apiring GM should be very happy to have these in their collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, as I don't do a lot of fantasy anymore, it's fun when a client asks me to paint some, as it's different from what I would normally paint.

      Delete