Tuesday 23 February 2021

 One of the really cool thing's about working in this industry, is the opportunity to work with some really great people on some fun projects. when I worked with Minaturemen on their two kickstarters for a range of Cowboy Orcs and dwarf's this was some of those projects.

I met Gary and Alison at a game show in Gloucester, and we got talking about this project, we all agreed I'd do a test piece, and then see if we progressed further, well all parties were happy with the result and the project progressed. Eventually they had 7 Orc cowboys and also a mounted version of each mounted on Bison, we also came up with a set of Orc heads, a set of Orc weapons, and a pair of Goblin undertakers.

Da Bros Gwimm town undertakers and my favourite sculpt from the first project

The next Kickstarter had some more Orc's and some more Goblins and a whole range of Dwarves, Gary also did some sculpting for this project including some dead Orc's some Humans, and a couple more Orc's. 

Now recently I have been chatting to Luke ( IRO ) on his Blog and via email about these models and it reminded me that I hadn't got round to painting my favourite from the second release, the Town Drunk

A bit of a cheeky pic

This model was fun to build originally and I got to to add in so many fun elements, like the bum flap on his long johns flapping in the breeze, the fact he's lost a boot ( or just forgot to put it on) or the fact that he's completely missed the holster with his pistol, and snagged it in his long johns.

I used this model to practise more with painting with glazes, and also to push myself on doing better bottles.

Before you go rushing over to their site to find more of their goodies, they are currently closed, but will be reopening when this Lockdown finishes.

That's all for this quick post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. These are awesome, Dave, they've got bags of character and Da Bros Gwimm is just a magnificent sculpt and paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, they were so much fun to work on

      Delete
  2. Haha this is brilliant. So much fun and full of character. Thanks for the shoutout Davey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Luke, always like to give models character

      Delete
  3. What fun models Dave 😂😂 but that in no way takes away from your skills in creating them, well done mate 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, these were so enjoyable to do, that it didn't feel like working ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great sculpts (and painting) Dave, loads of character there!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, they were great fun to do, hopefully one day can do more

      Delete
  5. Heh, very cute goblins. I like how you painted them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, they have been very useful, to experiment painting green

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Dave! Really like that town drunk 😀 I lived in the south when I was younger and one day a guy I met was wearing one shoe 🤷‍♂️ So I had to ask if he lost a shoe, his response was "no, found one". Twenty five years later and that's how I will always remember Georgia 🤦‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, an interesting story, and quite sad, as the poor man had to find a shoe to wear !

      Delete
  7. Great sculpts and full of character, so where are the rest of them ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, so far I've only painted the first set on foot, pretty sure I've got the rest of the second set and the mounted ones, just need to find where I put them ! LOL

      Delete