Monday 15 February 2021

I HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU

 I have completed my first entry for Alex's Fembruary Challenge with the first of my Haemonculus / Cenobite model the lady Angelique, she is armed with a Hex Rifle, and Electrocorrosive whip, which came from the Wrack plastic box set.


While I've been working on these models, I've also managed to finish another 3 Grotesque models, again using spare parts from the Talos kit, and even some blades from the Raider kit.




This model I've made as an Aberration, which is the squad leader for the unit, and equipped it with a venom blade, and used parts to make it look more armoured and have bits fitting his position.


Here is a group shot of all 7 I've got for the unit now.


That's all for this time, next time will probably be more challenge models, either mine or Alex's, so until then stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

15 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the Cenobite crossover, he/she/it is suitably horrifying and looks awesome! The Grotesque models are your usual excellent standard and look so good as a unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, the peeled head skin was a little tricky, but worth the effort for the look, plus it was a lot easier than the throat cage I've got to do on the other one. Have started the last 3 Grotesques so will see an end to this part of the army thankfully

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Dave! Really like how the green colour pops on the models.
    *and I'm just ecstatic that none of the photos have anyone with pins in their face 😂*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, I wanted a sickly looking green as it's a fluid to maintain them but also a poison to normal people, it's similar to the colour in Reanimator. You'll be glad to hear that I've left the pins off of Pinhead then ! LOL

      Delete
  3. They all look suitably gruesome, Dave, especially in the group shot. I really like how they're all hunkered down. Makes them look even more terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, when I sculpted the base model I thought that after that much alteration, they would have a more feral stance than upright.

      Delete
  4. Very nice (not the right word, but hey) work there Dave, they all look menacing, though I guess you could hide behind the cenobite and she wouldn't see you, I'm guessing she doesn't have that great peripheral vision ;-)

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you roger, your probably right as she wouldn't be able to turn her head much LOL

      Delete
  5. Grotesque and menacing all round, do I would say they're pretty successful?!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, if all my models started going this way, I would start to get worried ! LOL

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andelique doesn;t look like any lady I'd like to associate with, splendid though she is. And the Grotesque is aptly named but came as a complete surprise that you had multiple versions of it/him - they're the sort of creatures nightmares are made f !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, those of a S&M persuasion might like her ! LOL I had staff many years ago that said my mind was that bad, that demons would fear to tread there ! LOL Personally I don't know what they were on about !

      Delete