Tuesday 26 January 2021

MOVING THE GOALPOST'S

 Normally I would have something new to show by now, but unfortunately I got an eye infection last Thursday, and wasn't able to sculpt, paint, or even look at a computer screen, which was why I was a bit late commenting on many of your fine posts. All caught up now thankfully, and back to commenting as soon as I see a post from you fine people.


Now for the " PAINT WHAT YOU GOT " challenge I've completed all but a unit of land speeders, that I set myself, so need to add something new. As you can see by the picture above I have no shortage of projects to choose from. I've decided to go with finishing the last two spacemen for the cantina, and the remaining 4 aliens, once I've done those and the speeders, I'll choose the next target.

HALFWAY ROUNDUP

Here is the list of everyone who has expressed an interest in the challenge and what they've been doing.

azazelx has got off to a great start , and completed multiple models, including marines, a rusted up vehicle, giant snake, chainsaw wielding brethren, D&D characters, and robots already.

Mark  has been working hard on his Conquistador force and completed several units, including war dogs

Keith has already completed his Star Trek miniatures, that he planned to get done, but he may add some more yet.

Ivor has started work on his enormous ship, but has also completed multiple Lord of the Rings models and Star Wars models as well.

Roger has already completed his Blood Bowl team, and is now moving on to his Elvira model

John has got his first WW 2 vehicle finished and has made progress on a lot more, check out his WIP shot in his last post.

Simon has already finished his Blake's 7 models, and is progressing well through a load of Marvel characters.

Joe has been working on some 54 mm Chinese conversions for his Wild West gaming, that are close to being finished, with some very clever use of string.

Ann has been working hard on finishing the Pig Demon, and is hoping to do a Gnome with Dragon as well

Mick has dedicated himself to Grandfather Nurgle this month, with many rotten and oozing creations on display.

Matt has now thrown his hat in, as he now has somewhere to paint ( House moves are a pain ! LOL) so we should expect some models soon.

Hopefully I should have something new and completed finished soon,  so until next time stay safe andhave fun !

Cheers Dave

27 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're back on the mend, Dave, and what a terrific shot of your super-neat hobby desk, LOL!!! Great round-up of everyone's challenge progress too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, like to think of my desk as organised Chaos ! LOL There has been some truly magnificant pieces finished already, and will still have another month to go !

      Delete
  2. Actually I thought it was neat and tidy (well next to mine anyway). sorry to hear about your health woes Dave, but glad you are on the mend. There has been some super stuff done so far, and some of you are just painting machines!

    Thanks for organising this, great idea.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I'm happy with the desk as it allows me to pick up whichever bit takes my fancy, and also reminds me to get bits finished ! LOL The eye infections seem to be happening more often, but normally only last a day, this has been the worst so far.
      The quality of work so far has been outstanding, and I know what you mean with Azazael and Mark really cranking them out ;)
      My pleasure to give back to the community mate

      Delete
    2. I can think of one more...… "D4V3" ;-)

      Cheers Roger.

      Delete
    3. Oh he sounds a right tool ! LOL we should chase him off with a big stick ! ROFL

      Delete
    4. Oh I would do, but I just can't get the "staff" (sorry even I cringed at that one!)

      Delete
    5. That was so bad Roger ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Just as tidy as my desk 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creative genius I think we should call it ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Dave, thanks so much for reminding me that I signed up for this LOL. I'd totally forgotten, although I am actually painting a figure today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Matt, so subliminally you must have remembered ! LOL

      Delete
  5. I actually think that your desk is more of a mess than mine, and I didn't think that was possible 😂 Great update from everyone, there are some incredible artists participating. I want to follow the progress of everyone but I'm finding a lot aren't using Blogspot (which makes it really easy to follow with a simple click), am I missing something on how to follow or maybe I'm not seeing follow options because I'm on my phone looking? If anyone participating reads this could they lend some advice, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, sometimes it looks tidier, honest ! LOL I have had the same problem on following on some sites, which is why I have the blog list on the right so I can see new posts as they come up, This doesn't work on Simons site as Blogger doesn't recognise Wix but all the others listed do, but the blog list doesn't show on my phone, needs tablet or larger to see, hope this helps

      Delete
  6. Bit of bad with the eye but glad to hear its cleared up, don't know how I missed challenge as very thing I've been painting of lateis stuff I've had a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, no problem mate can add you to the list now, and anything you painted ( or finished after the 26/12/20) counts mate so the more the merrier

      Delete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing what people painted in the final round up. You certainly seem to have made some good painting progress yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, February may be a slower month for myself as I have to paint walls instead of models after some much needed building work, can manage 10 minutes to half an hour then my back is screaming in pain and I have to lie down for a couple of hours at least, but hopefully can get back to normal soon

      Delete
  8. Hope you're fit and able soo andbtw your painting area looks alot tidier than mine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, health is a daily battle like with yourself, but if we can get up in the morning everything else becomes a bonus ! LOL My desk is fuller than normal at the moment, with Christmas presents and new ideas, plus wanting to finish lot's of old projects, if I can this year this year I'd like to finish all but the Star Wars ( likely to be ongoing) and the marines ( still need to do about 500 models for that project) but if I could clear the rest I'd be very happy ! LOL

      Delete
  9. John@justneedsvarnish31 January 2021 at 13:13

    Sorry to hear about your eye Dave, so let's hope you're soon back to normal (whatever normal might be, you know what I mean)! A calm, dry day today has meant I've now got a few more vehicles varnished as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, eye seems good at the moment. Good to hear you have been able to make some progress, during this strange weather we're having

      Delete
  10. Only saw this now, but glad to hear that your eye is doing better! Also, damn, sounds like of tons of progress happening by the halfway mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mick, it's something I suffer a lot with, just happened to be a really bad case this time, but all clear at the moment. There has been some immense progress, the round up may take some time to do ! LOL

      Delete
    2. No worries - and hobbying and such takes time regardless! Hope the mend/progress with the eye infection keeps up.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete