Thursday 21 January 2021

IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND

 Some of you may remember during the Unit community challenge I built some flesh constructs to use as Grotesques in my Dark Eldar army, as GW had only made the one model. Well I finally got them cast, and have converted up the first 3 using parts from the plastic Talos made by GW.


The first one I used a sickle blade syringe arm and mask, then added a back spine attachment that are similar to what you see on the wracks.


The second one had the longer blade, robotic claw hand and mask.


The last one had the spare arm from the Grotesque kit, mask and chain hand from the Talos kit.


Each model had the arms slightly converted to fit the GW parts, and a couple of the helms needed additional pipes to get them to the body. I distressed the flesh around surgical areas using red glaze, and purple glaze, and anywhere that had a pipe going in had some green glaze as well. I now have above the minimum size for the squad, but would like to make up another 6 including an Aberration to take it to full size.

That's all for today, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

24 comments:

  1. Very well done, I don't exactly know what they are (sorry) my GW knowledge is very limited, but I immediately thought they would look great in a horror game, something like "Silent Hill".

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, no problem on the GW knowledge, hopefully lot's of people will see a use for them when I release them in a couple of weeks, as flesh constructs seem to appear in lots of systems

      Delete
  2. I must echo my friend Roger, Dave. I don't know what they are, but I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith, I could see them being used anywhere where you've got someone messing with the human form ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, unfortunately mine are a little bigger than the GW one you see on the right, but they'll do ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Well, they look pretty warped - so job done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I obviously have a warped mind ! LOL

      Delete
  5. I'm with some of the others, I've not a clue what those are but their name definitely suits them... and as Roger mentioned, I can see them in a Resident Evil game all mutated like that, yikes 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, this element of the Dark Eldar are pretty twisted to be honest. Yes they would look right at home in Resident Evil

      Delete
  6. They look wonderfully disgusting, Dave! Nice work on those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, learning to use glazes has certainly paid off on these

      Delete
  7. We know not what it bem but we be afraid of it"
    Gerat (in a fearful way) looking model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, definitely not something you'd like to meet down a dark alley, or a lit one either ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Neat Grotesques and neater still that you were able to get some good mileage out of your bits box. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, not one to waste spare parts, and luckily enough was able to make my own bodies ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Great looking mutated bodies, nice use of spare bits and bobs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, just as well to make use of all these spares, I might not need such large bits boxes then ! LOL

      Delete
  10. These turned out lovely Dave, you'd make an haemonculus proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, ssh don't mention my other job ! LOL

      Delete
  11. Thank you Phil, not the most pleasant of subject material ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete