Tuesday 3 November 2020

ANYONE FOR BUMPER CARS !

 Finished off a few more speeders for my Night Hawks, first up is Squadron 3 all flying the standard MK 3 chassis, I'm considering this the training squadron where newly appointed marines to this company spend a time until there used to flying these before moving onto the more advanced or company artefacts.



Took Iain's advice and added chipping to give variation to each, as it's the training squadron I went quite heavy with the chipping.



Next up is my only Tempest at the moment, want to add another two when funds allow, I went with less chipping on this one.



I've also finished up this pair of  Stormtalon gunships, which I've also added chipping to, and then thought I would add a bit more personality, like the pilots in world war 2 and added a name on one, and a pair of eyes on the other to make it look more like a hawk face with the white nose.

Community Challenge.

As all of us in the UK are about to start the second Lockdown, I thought it would be good to start another challenge, so over the next 4 weeks why not do a unit challenge, in respect of the unity of the gaming community.

This can be any unit you like, be it Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or historical. the unit size will be down to you as different gaming systems have different unit sizes, and I trust you to be honest.

If interested in taking part, leave a comment below, and if I don't know your blog please leave a link, to help with roundups.

That's all for now, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave 

16 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Dave, especially the free-hand. I've just received a unit of four Colony 87 Security Troopers from "Crooked Dice", so your challenge seems very well-timed if you don't mind me submitting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, of course you can enter them, this challenge is all about getting units painted

      Delete
  2. The Speeders and Flyers look awesome Dave, nice work! Also, I really like your unit-y challenge idea! And I just happen to have primed up a couple units of kabalite warriors... so I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, glad you like them. Welcome to the challenge, it's almost as if fate wanted you to prime those units ! LOL

      Delete
  3. As I told you before Dave I've a soft spot for speeders but that in no way takes from the fact that they look wonderful & you're freehand work is amazing, the little flyers with the different touch's to personise them is a claver idea & adds to them.

    While we're already in lockdown here in Ireland I still have to go to work, but I'll throw in with the challenge but as I've no squads to paint I'm sure a set would do ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, glad you like speeders as there's a lot more to come yet, only got one more flyer to do until I get more ! LOL
      You would be most welcome in the challenge mate, and I don't see anything wrong with doing a set.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work on all the flying machines Dave, and a smashing bit of free handed painting too, very uniform (now that's a compliment, as that's the hardest thing in my book!).

    Sorry for the late reply, I've discovered (as of today) that I have to shield again for the rest of the month, that came as a bit of a shock for work as both them and I didn't know I had too till 8.00pm last night! (thank you Boris last minute as usual!!!!), Therefore I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for your challenge, and I'll have (another) go at finishing my 15mm Conan Army, I have two complete units "Warbands" and "Riders" left to complete from scratch so hope they qualify.

    Best of luck with this, cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, glad you like the flyers, and yes duplicating the same design can be a pain, try to paint the same strokes each time so they come out the same.
      Sorry to hear about the shielding, but you are most welcome to take part with your 15 mm project, this is what these challenges are for to help complete projects, plus keep what's left of our sanity during these strange times

      Delete
  5. Great work on all these, Dave, they look fantastic and the chipping and freehanding is excellent!

    I'm up for the challenge; it'll give me a kick in the arse in terms of my Slaanesh warband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I found with the dark colour you could do silver chipping without having to do a grey outline first.
      Welcome onboard, that's what these challenges are for to help finish projects, or sometimes even start them

      Delete
  6. Wonderful array of craft, both chipped and lesser chipped versions look equally good and your colour scheme is quite a striking one, in contrast to the electric blue!
    Superb detailing on these, they'll look superb on the table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, the colour scheme evolved a couple of times to reach this point, but very happy with it now, so probably wont change it again.

      Delete
  7. Splendidly weathered flyers! They look great! Super busy at work so I'm afraid I can't take part this time but I'll be sure to look out for what you all do!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, glad you like what you inspired. You shall be missed, but fully understand with your work commitments, and thank you for the support to all taking part

      Delete
  8. Cracking painting on these machines, you do an excellent job on flat metal surfaces.
    Well done and good luck with the painting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, I used to hate painting vehicles, but over the years developed a style I'm happy with, at some point I would like to try painting a modern car with the proper light reflections, even maybe a reflection of surrounding scenery, but I think that is still a long way off ! LOL

      Delete