Saturday 8 August 2020

YOU'VE GOT SOME FRONT !

Door that is ! LOL been busy working on the front entrance for my chapters monastery  and here is where I've got so far.


When I started this I had no real plan, it kind of evolved as I made it, but one thing I knew it needed to have was some more defence capabilities, so I added two sets of heavy bolters to help against troops, as the lascannons on the hawk would be better suited against vehicles and individual targets.


 I've always wanted to have a go at stained glass windows and thought this was the perfect project.


Still got the top to finish to fit the hawk, and some internal details to finish off, so hopefully I can have it all finished by next week, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

17 comments:

  1. It's looking great, Dave, and the stained glass windows are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, always wanted to try stained glass windows, just wasn't sure of the technique, so would overthink it, this time I just tried different thicknesses of paint until I found what works

      Delete
  2. That is one incredibly impressive piece of terrain Dave, great stuff 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, hopefully I can reveal a few surprises when I show the interior

      Delete
  3. Good bit of scratch building and some nice detailing.
    My original scrappy drawing normallly bear little resemblance to the finished model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, much appreciated. I sometimes make a drawing, but quite often just see where the bits take me. Having seen your buildings , you obviously have a very creative side to you

      Delete
  4. Now that's going to be impressive once it's finished, lovely work on the stained glass windows!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, Have done a lot more ornate bits inside, as I wanted the front more about battle ready

      Delete
  5. Those windows are flippin lovely Dave - well done! Really enjoying seeing this grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, was really nervous about trying them, but glad I pushed myself in the end, need to cast up a couple of bits from my range to finish off the roof, but shouldn't be to difficult

      Delete
  6. Nice scratch building and lovely stained glass work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, hoping the interior detail will be as impressive

      Delete
  7. I love those windows, very beautiful. What a great terrain piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin, wish I'd been brave enough to try them before ! LOL

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. A kind of "Jabba's Palace" feeling front door, in a way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazel, I can totally see that vibe now

      Delete