Wednesday 26 August 2020

JEWEL OF JULY ROUNDUP

 I have finished one last piece to enter into the Jewel of July 2020 challenge the captain for the second company of my Night Hawks chapter the Screaming Eagles, I thought it would be more characterful that each company had their own name, this one is based on the noise the jet cycles make when diving in for a hit and run attack.






The model comes from the Dark Angel range, and is one of their many special characters, The only modification I've made on this model is to change the symbols to ones fiting to my chapter.

The rest of he pictures to follow are all the other entries which I've already shown, just makes it easier for Azazel when he does his roundup to find them all in one place.











Hopefully got one more scenery challenge post to put up before the end of the month for myself, and aiming to have the round up from all the participants done within a week from the closing date to allow people time to get their posts up and to also allow for the time differential.

That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave



16 comments:

  1. He looks fab Dave. Your yellows are amazing too!

    Sadly my output has stalled completely of late due to real life. So I'm not sure I'll get out another Summer of Scenery post before the end of the month... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, that yellow was actually painted with flesh tones, then a wash of yellow ink over the top, can be a great way of overcoming painting yellow on a black basecoat.
      No worries mate, at the end of the day you have taken part, and that's all I could hope for from anyone, hope the real life issues settle back down for you

      Delete
  2. Looks great Dave. Nice use of a model for your chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harry, always on the lookout for useful models that I can adapt to my chapter to add more character

      Delete
  3. I fought against him many a time Dave & always like the model, he's a cool addition to you're chapter, all your other models look fab as well but if I'd to pick a favourite I go with the dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, I think my version of this model in gaming terms will be a lot more basic than the Dark Angels version ! LOL
      I'm torn between a few as my favourite out of the batch, as they all have a different significance to me, but have enjoyed finishing them all, which is a good thing ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Marvellous output, Dave, you should be justly proud. The Klingon ship wins it for me, but as I'm a bit of an old school Trekkie fan then that shouldn't be any surprise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, have enjoyed getting all of them finished, and also got to practice a few more techniques which was another bonus

      Delete
  5. A big output and some classy painting, I still think the dragons wings are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, In hindsight I wished I'd actually thinned the glazes and made the transition more gradual, but lesson learned

      Delete
  6. WHat a spectacular dynamic figure the captain is - superb paint job too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, I think it's one of GW's best to be honest, so needed a similar level paint job

      Delete
  7. Impressive output and some lovely models too Dave, well done matey.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, was very pleased with the number of entries I managed to get done for this event

      Delete
  8. Fantastic figure and impressive output! Still hoping to bring something in before the end of the month!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, you've still got a few days left, but if you don't make it no worries at all, it's kind of touch and go to finish the gateway at the moment, so it can happen to all of us

      Delete