Wednesday 4 September 2019

MOTHER, DAUGHTER AND MASTER

As I continue on with my chess set I have finished another 3, First is Padme Amidala, we first met her in Episode 1 The Phantom Menace as Queen of Naboo, when her time in office finished she became a Senator in the Galactic Senate, where she fell in love with Anakin Skywalker, and had Luke and Leia before dying.
The outfit she is modelled in is from the scene in Episode 2 where she has just taken on the Nexu inside the Genosian arena.

At this stage the white suit has had a base colour and first highlight colour

In this stage the final white highlight has been added

Here you can see the finished model.
Next is her daughter Princess Leia, the outfit is from episode 4 A New Hope, the adoptive daughter of Bale Organa from Alderaan, she used her post as senator in the senate to aid the Rebel movement against the Empire.

Here you can see the skin based and washed to start

Next I painted the eyes and then highlighted the skin

The robes were done the same as Padme, as you can see in the finished pictures
Last today is Master Yoda, the head of the Jedi council until the empire tried wiping them out, and he went into hiding, he helped train Luke Skywalker.

This model was started a long time ago, so I haven't got ant WIP shots I'm afraid.
That's it for this post so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

19 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted minis, Dave, and what a great pose for Yoda. It's very dynamic and animated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, the pose on Yoda is taken from from episode 2, and 3 where you see him for the badass he is in a lightsabre duel

      Delete
  2. Delightful work Dave, and yet another post which demos this is THE Star Wars hobbying blog on the planet :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon , I try my best ! lol

      Delete
    2. These look rather good Dave, I'm not sure if you are painting the chess pieces as gaming pieces or for painting fun. Either way these are pretty nice.

      Delete
    3. Thank you John, I’m painting them for two reasons, first they’ll look cool when I’m playing chess and secondly they’re a great way of practicing different techniques

      Delete
    4. It sounds like we have a very different approach, I really just want to get figures on the table, I want them to look as good as I can make them, but the game is what interest me. I do wish I had more of your approach and enjoyed the painting because it's so much dead time to me. I know thats not totally true because in the painting process the figure develops a back story and becomes mine, I don't like to use other peoples painted figures, but I would like to enjoy the painting more.

      Hopefully you will show the full set when they are done.

      Delete
    5. Nothing wrong with that approach John, as the hobby is what's right for each individual, I get as much enjoyment from painting my models as I do gaming with them, plus the models I develop for the company need painting to best show off the model on the website and at shows ( just need to improve my photography for the website ! LOL) so a lot is habit, but do play with unpainted models from time to time especially if I'm trying out a new unit or character, and that sometimes helps decided the colour scheme I want to do.
      As soo as they're all finished I will definitely take a group shot, hopefully should have my photo booth back up by then.

      Delete
    6. If your ever in my neck of the woods John, would be more than happy to show you some quick techniques to speed up your process if you want

      Delete
    7. Thanks Dave, where is your neck of the woods?

      Delete
    8. Forest of Dean near Gloucester

      Delete
    9. Dave we have a friend who lives in Littledean, we go down and visit him once or twice a year, maybe we could meet up then.

      Delete
    10. That sounds like a plan as I’m in Little Dean ! lol

      Delete
    11. Thats amazing, I'll be in touch next time we pass through.

      Cheers

      Delete
    12. No problem John, look forward to it, and let me know in advance if there is anything specific you'd like to learn so I can make sure to have the relevant bits in

      Delete
  3. Like John I'm no lover of painting either Dave but I enjoying seen how other people go about getting great looking model by spending the time need, this will be a wonderful looking set when completed, question is the board anything special as that can really add a lot to the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, I know what you mean as a lot of my friends paint for competitions, and never game but I love seeing their work.
      I hadn’t thought about the board until now, so will have a think about it, but always open to suggestions

      Delete
    2. Oops me & my big mouth lol, in another life I build a chess set with the board on top of a Gothic building it really add to the set, maybe you could have yours set on half of a Deathstar, I've haven't a clue how you'd go about it but your a smart guy so I'm sure you could work it out :)

      Delete
    3. lol no worries Frank, you just highlighted the situation now, the Death Star idea is a great one and I shall have a think on it

      Delete