Well this week has been a total rollercoaster ride, with lots of ups and downs , so let's clear the downs out of the way, as with the warm weather my daughters car, suddenly started going through a lot of water, so thinking sensibly she asked the best thing to do, listened and has been checking every journey. Now you may be thinking why not take it straight to a garage, well before I could phone to book it in, my wife's car stopped working, and couldn't get that in until today, and all because of a mistake and overfill on oil, and being one of these new fangled cars that has a sensor for everything, has cut all power ! Hopefully will get it back soon, then can get my daughters car booked in. This ment a lot of phone calls and stopped any progress on fun stuff, ah well. On top of that, the plasterer called, and said I don't suppose I can come over two days earlier, due to a double book on another job, where the contractor booked a concrete floor for the same time as plastering ! LOL this ment having to finish the last prep jobs being crammed into a day, to be ready in time, which has caused a Fibro flare up of epic proportions, but my studio, is finally starting to look like a real room !
Next week hopefully we can get it painted ,and move the carpet delivery forward, so I can start moving things back in, and using my room again.
Now good news was I got scan results back, and my treatment has reduced fluid build up in my lung even further, without having to be manually drained, which is great, the lining this time was no different, so being positive means it hasn't increased in size. Next week I will be having X-rays of both hands in the hopes we can find what's wrong there.
Currently the Season of Scenery is half way, and nearly every one has managed to post up at least one completed piece, here is the list of everyone who expressed an interest in taking part, so check them out and what they have already done
rantingsfromunderthewargamestable
This is everyone who left a comment on the original post, if you want to join in, as there is still time, just leave a comment below, and I'll add you to the list, or if my terrible memory has forgotten a comment elsewhere ! LOL
I did manage to find some more posters this week, which was a good result, here are some of my favourites
Hopefully next week I might actually finish something, but we'll have to see, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave




Goodness that's a lot of car stress all at once mate! :/
ReplyDeleteNew room setup looks to be coming along nicely.
Glad to read that your scan results came back so good! I have a very close friend who suffers from Lymphodemia and he has to have his lungs and torso drained of fluid bi-weekly! Gallons of the stuff gets sucked out of him. I couldn't imagine...
Very much like this latest batch of posters! I think they'll add a huge amount of fun flavour to your Mos Eisley setup.
Thank you Dai, thankfully one of the cars has been sorted, and the other is booked in, so should be sorted soon.
DeleteThe plaster is drying quickly with all the heat at the moment ! LOL
Your friend has my sympathies, as I can fully appreciate what they are going through, having been drained four times, and the discussion of a permanent tube was had early on.
I found loads more, just showed a few, can probably post up most of Mos Eisley now ! LOL
Crikey, Dave, you are having a busy week! So good to hear the news about your meds working though! I like the posters!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, hopefully the X-rays and Respitory appointment go as well this month ! LOL Loads of character in these posters.
DeleteIt's fantastic that there's some good news in this merry-go-round!
ReplyDeleteHealth comes first :)
Thank you Michal, always need to look for a positive ! LOL
DeleteCars are the worst! Nothing but money pits that give you no return on investment. I hope you can get those issues squared away quickly and without much cost.
ReplyDeleteYour room is definitely coming along and its great to hear you had another positive test. Things are definitely on the upswing for you which has to be a relief.
You probably already know this but all of those Star Wars posters are Topps trading cards or at that was used on Star Wars cards. I even owned that first set at one point so I immediately recognized it. Definitely have a look around online at some of the recent sets as Propaganda poster cards were becoming more popular and common in Star Wars cards a few years ago and so there should be plenty of material to pull from.
Thank you Jeff, one of the moneypits is sorted, and the other is booked in, so should all be sorted by next weekend.
DeleteHopefully by next weekend it will be all white. Indeed, and we still haven't got to the difficult conversation of time left, so should be around for quite awhile ! LOL
I didn't know they were trading cards, but that would make a lot of sense. I think I've found a lot of them as I have enough posters to cover most of Mos Eisley now ! LOL
Oh my goodness Dave, what a week. My biggest takeaway was the positive news about your health. Long may this last and best of luck with regards to the hands.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, your right about the positive, I think the rest is just normal these days ! LOL
DeleteSounds like a stressful week! I'm glad your health results are looking good and I hope you'll soon have clarity regarding your hand problems.
ReplyDeleteThank you snapfit, funnily enough I didn't let it stress me ! LOL Hoping so on my hands too.
DeleteWhat a week indeed. Stick to the good news, hope it goes better and better.
ReplyDeleteI'm in fact finishing a couple of pieces for the Season of Scenery! I hope I'll be posting them anytime soon! Thanks for the heads up!
Thank you Suber, seam to be doing well so far, and still have no timeline, which is a great sign.
DeleteExcellent news, look forward to seeing your creativity.
Ugh, cars are the worst! My wife and I have been riding E-Bikes as much as possible just to cut down on the Curse That Is Cars. I hope it all gets sorted out soon!
ReplyDeleteHealth stuff sounds promising, having gone through liquid in the lungs it's a terrible feeling, I'm so glad you don't have to get drained again, that's a horrible experience for sure!
Have you seen the Star Wars Propaganda book? It's full of all kinds of cool posters and handbills that remind me of what you posted. It's pretty inspiring stuff!
Thank you Grimmleigh's Fiends, we live so far away from major city, we have to have cars, so a necessary evil, one fixed already, second booked in ! LOL
DeleteIndeed very promising, and totally agree on the being drained.
I haven't seen that book, so will have to check it out.
Good room, good posters, good news, bloody cars!!
ReplyDeleteCheers Roger.
Thank you Roger, indeed, should mean I won't need to wear my coat in the winter in my sculpting room this year ! LOL
DeleteHey Dave, all the best wishes and hope for your health. Sorry its been a struggle but know we have your back. On a FAR lighter note, I actually have a vehicle for Seasons of Scenery and will hopefully blog about it soon enough for the add (it was done in August). When is your cut off? Best, Mark
ReplyDeleteThank you Mark, the support of the community has been astounding and really helped me through some tough times, so is very much appreciated. I only post on it to keep people updated and so no worries if I go quite for a week or two ! LOL The cut off is the 30 th of September for completion and I always give a couple of weeks on top for people to have time to get there posts up. Look forward to seeing your vehicle when you get chance to post.
Delete