As of tomorrow there is still one month left to finish up any scenery you want to do for the challenge this year, for me I've still got several bits ongoing, need to finish the turbo tank, and I should have my desk back in my room this week, which will make working on that one a lot easier. The void spider has details on three legs left to sculpt, and then finish the painting on the whole model. Plus I'm still working my way through market street, which I have started building the next part, and painting, due to the fact that once I put them in cages, they would be a nightmare to paint, So what creatures have I done so far, a flock of Porgs, and an Oki-Poki
I've also done a Kowakian Monkey Lizard, I've gone the more unusual color scheme that was seen on Hondo's pet in the Clone Wars, rather than Salicious color
I've also got a sleeping Loth Cat
Now all of these will have cages built around them, and I'm also working on a couple more creatures as well.
This still leaves two more stalls, droid parts, and riding beast rental as well, not sure if all will be done by the end of the challenge, but it gives me something to aim for.
As the title suggests I've been trying to decide some choices as well, one of them being what type of shuttle to do ? Now obviously the first one we ever saw was the Lamda class shuttle in Return of the Jedi
we then got the larger sentinel class in the extended version of a new hope
Rogue one gave us the two different size cargo shuttles, and Director Krennic's personal shuttle
the series Obi Wan Kenobi gave us a Inquisitor shuttle
Then the series Andor gave us the ISB shuttle
plus there are multiple shuttles from the clone wars that pop up from time to time
These are the cannon ones, there are lots more in the expanded universe as well ! The decision was which one to do, taking into consideration space, availability, building, price, and only picking one. Really liked the cargo shuttle in Rogue One, but would be a massive piece, and the only 3D print I've seen was over £1000, a couple of years ago I got what was listed as a Legion scale Lambda shuttle, which was tiny, at some point I will paint it up for background shots, recently I found this one
This will hopefully be arriving this week, so decision made, as it was the only one I could find without scratch building, so will add this to the list of trying to get done by the end of the challenge as well ! LOL That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave











No comments:
Post a Comment