Sunday, 2 August 2026

WE'RE FASTER RIGHT !

 Today I have yet another speeder (I know it's becoming a lot ! LOL), it's the M-68 from the film Solo, the model comes with a model of Han, and Qi'ra as well as the vehicle itself. This was a 3D resin print that I got from peakmodels on Ebay, they have a wide variety of models available both vehicles and figures.


The model was a great print, very little cleanup, the only disappointing part was the screen, as it was shown clear but was resin, as it was a flat screen I easily replaced it with some acetate cut to size. Even though I'm not using it as Han and Qi'ra on Correlia I went with their colors incase I ever fancy playing out their run to the spaceport, but will be using them as bystanders on my Tatooine board.

That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Great bit of work there sir, though I have to say not a great design, I remember at the time thinking it looked like a five year old was asked to draw a landspeeder, tbh.
    Cheers Roger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, it is on the more basic side, which makes it look like a boy racer compared to all the others I've got ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Ooo, nice. Well done.
    It's got the right sort of beat up look for my incredibly slow growing Gangs of Tatooine project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, this seller has several different speeders available, some with guns, which might fit your project.

      Delete
  3. Superb! This looks amazing Dave, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I think I have enough speeders and beasts now, just need a lot more citizens and buildings ! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love that scene in Solo. Just a big rectangular chunk of a speeder that looked like a deodorant stick was it's design inspiration. (No lucky gold dice on the rear-view mirror?)
    Great stuff Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, I agree on your design aesthetics ! LOL As I'm not using them as Han and Qi'ra I decided to leave the dice off ! LOL

      Delete
  5. An excellent purchase and subsequent paint-job, Dave. I haven't ever seen Solo. But that vehicle and crew looks very suitable for your ever increasing Tatooine board. Marvellous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, it should add a difference to the others I have, just need a lot of citizens and buildings instead now ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Excellent addition to your speeder fleet!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, it's becoming quite a large one ! LOL

      Delete
  7. John@justneedsvarnish5 August 2026 at 06:53

    Looks really good, Dave! :-) Maybe more your low end speeder than a deluxe model, but nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, indeed a budget boyracer model ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Hi Dave I see you're still very productive , the various speeders look great as does the adobe building you built for your son. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, trying to keep as active as possible for as long as I can ! LOL Started work on some buildings for Tatooine.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed Solo pretty well and I liked the landspeeder scenes in the movie too. So unsurprisingly, I think its really cool that you could get a print of this one. To me, this one reminds me of the classic cars from the 50's and 60's in the US which I know George Lucas liked due to American Graffiti. You did a great job with the weathering on the speeder as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, funny you mention the classic cars, as one of the reference pictures I had showed a comparison between the rear of both comparing the engines of the speeder with the tail lights of a early Ford Falcon.

      Delete