Friday, 28 August 2026

SUPER COMMANDO'S

 No scenery today, as I really needed to finish my other Father's day present before my son thought I didn't like them. I've been quietly working on them since I got them, but being me chose a more complex scheme than the standard plain white, as I really wanted to paint them in the security colors that were seen in the Bad Batch series, on the base of professor Hemlock, the standard troops all have grey markings, the commander has darker grey and yellow, which is quite striking in my opinion.


Below is a reference picture to show what I was working from.


Glad to get these finished, and back on to some more scenery this week. Had some results this week, I have been signed off from Respitory  as I am down to 2 cm of fluid in my lung, and they will monitor my scans done by Oncology, incase it starts to increase again. Oncology might have found what's wrong with my hands, it may be a side effect of my INV treatment which is causing swelling in the joints and severe pain, so I've had my latest treatment delayed while I go through a course of steroids to combat the problem. I've noticed increased movement in my hands in 4 days, so a great sign for me.

That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Also reminds me of one of the Republic Commando vidfeo game squad members. Think i have an old Wizkids pre-painted version...

    Liking these guys though. You've made them look dead-on to the cartoon versions.

    Shame on you though for taking so long on a Father's Day gift! LOL (At least you "got" a Fathers Day gift....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, was not aware of that one, so thank you for the information mate.
      One thing I noticed on these were they were super clean, so avoided any of my normal weathering ! LOL
      I know I think I was getting close to losing Dad status on this one ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Adding some gray definitely spices up the troopers! That is wonderful health news as well. I would imagine it will be a huge relief to get your hand feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, the grey and the yellow made them more challenging, but lots more interest as well. Being able to move my hands even just 50% more than what I could has been great, still ma lot of pain at the moment, but that I'm used to ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking clones. The yellow really pops.
    And it sounds like great news on the health front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, the grey barrier makes it stand out more than just white from experience.
      It was definitely a couple of wins this week, which was a nice change ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, was glad to finish them, to stop the disappointment in my son ! LOL

      Delete
  5. John@justneedsvarnish29 August 2026 at 10:45

    Nice work on the commandos! :-) The yellow makes quite a difference! And some good news on your health to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, you can certainly spot the leader from the others ! LOL Indeed hopefully it will continue in the same direction.

      Delete
  6. Awesome stuff Dave and what a great present to have received. They have a real sense of movement to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, my children always treat me well, and yes the poses are very dynamic on this set which made painting some areas slightly challenging ! LOL

      Delete