For the next stall I've created a fruit vendor set up, for reference I looked at the fruit seller in the Phantom Menace, and also the frit seller that you see in the Mandalorian series, to get the original feel, but also the diverse fruit from the later one.
These were all made from a mix of plastic rod, and greenstuff, painting wise I tried to match to the reference on both the stands and the fruit, below is the reference I used to make these.
Still haven't come across the cotton material for making the awnings, so that will be a job for another time. I've got reference pictures for the next three stands now, being Droid parts, small creatures for sale, and riding beasts for rent, but they make take some time to do. That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave




Looking tasty! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteThank you Suber, the hardest trick is not to make it look like plastic fruit ! LOL
DeleteThose are really nicely done sir!
ReplyDeleteCheers Roger.
Thank you Roger, something a bit different.
DeleteMarvellous stuff.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you get your five a day.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThank you misterc, personally I have to careful incase they contain zinc ! LOL
DeleteWonderfully unique and so characterful. I love these Dave.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, it's a bit weird combining the style of display unit from Phantom, and the more modern fruit, but happy with the combination.
DeleteFantastic work!
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff.
Thank you Michal, the market part of the project is giving plenty of challenges ! LOL
DeleteWhere's my Meiloorun!? (Love the Rebels reference)
ReplyDeleteThese are smashing Dave. Shame about the awnings tho...
Thank you Dai, glad you like the reference. The awnings will happen as soon as I find my material, or get some more, so they will happen, in the meantime I'll keep making the wares to go in the stands ! LOL
DeleteThese look spot on, Dave! :-) Quite a bit of variation there as well!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, on some of the reference shown a lot had the same fruit multiple times, but I thought a seller with a good variation would do better ! LOL
DeleteI missed this article yesterday somehow so my apologies for the oversight! I really like how the fruit displays turned out. They'll add a nice bit of color to Tatooine which is something the desert can always use.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, no worries mate, yes the arid sands of Tatooine need as much color and variation as possible ! LOL
Delete