Wednesday 11 October 2023

500 th POST

 OR CAN YOU SEE ME

I had a hard time believing that between when I was posting on another blog and all the posts on this one, I've reached the 500 th post, when I started blogging I would have thought it would be a miracle if I ever reached 100 ! LOL

Now on with todays content, do you ever wake up and have a crazy idea for one of your models, and just think what the hell, why not ? In my house we call that a Tuesday, or any other day with a Y in it ! LOL This latest crazy idea was involving my Chameleon Skinks that GW released, the first one was a special character, then they included a small unit of them in a later edition of the rule book, I've noticed that they have a couple in Age of Sigmar now as well. The one thing that didn't appeal to me was the plain green colour scheme they painted them in, as Chameleons are one of my favourite lizards I wanted to get some of the amazing colours they turn into the models (this should also help spotting them on a gaming board ! LOL) First up is the character sculpt that GW released, I've also included the reference picture I used for the colour scheme below.


The next 3 all came from a single pack of metal models, and below each one I've included the reference picture I based it on.






From above you may have noticed the frogs that adorn the 3 models these are used to add poison to the the darts for their blowpipes, I used a variety of references for the colours of the poison frogs. Lastly here is a group shot of the four of them.

Now back onto this months challenge, and try not to get distracted by the new models I've got ! LOL So until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Well Happy 500, Dave! And though I haven't seen a picture of you, in my mind you don't look a day over 50!! :D

    Love the skink colors and you did a great job replicating them. They also added Chameleon Skinks to the Lizardman Blood Bowl team, though I don't think their skills are what I thought they would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, to be honest there are days I feel over 500 ! LOL
      Wanted to really show the creatures variety, plus not losing them in vegetation is a bonus ! LOL I hadn't realised they'd added them to Blood Bowl, and that's a shame on the rules, they could have been a lot of fun ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! And great work on the skinks, love their colourful appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, was pleased with the outcome of them, sometimes my crazy ideas pay off ! LOL

      Delete
  3. 500 posts!? I just checked I'm at about half as many as you which was more than I expected. Congrats on the milestone and I completely agree that Skinks are great minis and a great concept to include in Warhammer by GW. It is a nice surprise to see you painting some and these will look amazing in your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, it's surprising how the number of posts can quickly creep up ! LOL I may have to sculpt one myself, as there are a couple of key bits of Chameleon anatomy they missed, especially the feet and hands, but that's a crazy idea for another day ! LOL They should certainly stand out well from the standard skinks ! LOL

      Delete
  4. 500 is an impressive mass of creativity Dave! Congrats!

    Keep your amazing art coming - I for one enjoy your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, as I don't enjoy writing, I was amazed I got this far ! LOL The art part I love, so shall keep going for the foreseeable future ! LOL Hopefully I will get some gaming content in here as well.

      Delete
  5. Great looking chameleons!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, wanted to do something a bit different to the standard GW green ! LOL

      Delete
  6. I can't believe I missed this post!! First of all congratulations on the milestone, that's awesome! But I'm in awe by your work, this is pure gold! I'm keeping this as a reference, you really made quite a jaw dropping job here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, it's easily done mate, and Blogger is often to blame ! LOL Something a bit different, the colours would fit in perfectly with your alien creatures you've been doing.

      Delete
  7. John@justneedsvarnish23 October 2023 at 14:09

    You can usually rely on me to be late, Dave! Well done on getting to 500 posts, quite an achievement! The minis are all really nice - I don't know how you manage to find all these reference pictures and then replicate the colours so well on the models!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, better late than never ! LOL was surprised at how much I had done. I think it's a mix of blind luck, and dheer luck to be honest ! LOL

      Delete