Friday 21 October 2022

SWIFT DEATH

 Have started some more models for this months main challenge, but have also finished some more models for my personal challenge of finishing off as many of my old 40K armies as I can. The Reaver Jetbikers are a sub faction of the Wych cults, I've kept the affiliation strong by using the same colour scheme as my Wyches, and face paint. I decided on the name of Swift Death for them. 

When I made my tournament list, I had two squads of 3 Reaver Jetbikes, but when I started to expand the armies I decided to increase it to two squads of 10, and I have now finished the first squad. The first 3 below were from my tournament list. One is an Arena Champion, armed with a power sword, and one has a Blaster upgrade to the bike. I've updated them by adding some markings to the front of the fuselage. 


With the rest of the squad, I've got a couple of converted metal Wyches, and the others have had plastic heads and Wych blades added from the newer kits.


The wing configuration was based on the Vyper from Battlestar Galactica. All the models are the original Reaver kit, which I liked as they were easily converted and could get some nice conversions in there. That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave



18 comments:

  1. Great brushwork on ll the little details on these 'bike' and riders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, they do have a lot of detail, so limited the addition of too many extras, to keep it down to minimum ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Once again they look great. Each one is unique, I love the personal touches on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, I do like to have an army of individuals, which normally involves a lot of conversion work ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Ooh, these are very nice. I really like the paint markings on the vehicles as it makes them stand out. You've really got a great color scheme here where two out of the three are bright colors that catch the eye but it all works together too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, I actually prefer the first version of the Reaver, as they were a lot more customisable then the second version, hopefully you'll be able to see the influence on the second squad, once they're finished. I'm really happy that the colour scheme worked in the end, as the first two ideas didn't work at all ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Absolutely lovely work on these mate, I like the scenic pieces on the bases to hide the flying stands, and lovely paintjobs on them too, sadly once again my knowledge of the GW range stops me from fully appreciating all you work in converting them. But they do look pretty awesome anyway. 😁

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, the original metal bars for the tournament, were durable, but lacked creativity, so thought the scenic bases would look better. If you can appreciate their differences without knowing the parts it's just as good mate.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful painting on these, Dave, and as always your conversion work is top-notch. The green-black and bone scheme suits these vehicles really well and makes them stand out. Great job on the basing to hide the stands too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, glad you like the colours, would hate to have to change it now ! LOL It's a strange feeling getting towards the end of these, as on the one hand it means I've finally completed them, but on the other will I miss working on them ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Sweet looking speed bikes. I like the face paint on the miniatures…faces. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, the face paint was due to the original codex listing them as Wyches but by codex two they had become a sub cult, so I just left in their affiliation with the Wyches.

      Delete
  7. Those are looking nice! I like the face markings too! Do the models fall over quite a bit? Looks sorta wobbly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, wanted it to be a representation of their symbol, just simplified. They're actually quite stable, as I pinned them on their pivot point, and made sure to have their centre of balance over the base.

      Delete
  8. Excellent work once again, Dave! It's so cool to see you working your way through these old-school Dark Eldar and having them come up so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, it's been fun to get towards finishing all these models, and adding some small updates to them, I'll actually be a little sad when they're all done, but very happy to have 3 completed armies at the same time ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Liking the markings and facepaints on these! When are we getting treated to an army parade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, as for an army parade, I don't know my photography is up to that, but will see what I can do

      Delete