As it's Monster May(hem) I've started work on the big project for this challenge, well you didn't think a few Bantha's was going to be my only entry did you ? LOL
The above reference picture is of a Krayt Dragon from an episode of " The Mandolorian", as my games are going to be set on Tatooine I thought I may need one of these creatures to add another element.
Because of the size of the creature I've gone with just the head surfacing, which will give a visual representation, but not take up the entire gaming area.
To start I layered together 2 cm thick insulation board to the size required, and then carved out the basic shape, and smoothed off with sand paper.
Next using Magic Sculpt, I started adding in all the details needed.
For the top of the carapace I used all purpose filler. The small nicks and indentations I'm going to keep as it adds extra detail and interest. You may notice some pecil marks on there, which I will use the Dremel to grind in.
The horn was detailed with green stuff, and once fully dry I will give it a light sand, which should a little more texture.
As you can imagine this is probably going to take most of my time up working on this, so be prepared that most of my posts are going to be progress reports on this project.
That's all for this post so until next time stay safe and have fun !