Monday 21 February 2022

PAINT WHAT YOU GOT ROUNDUP

 A little bit late, but kept getting caught up with other posts, so here is the roundup as promised from the latest painting challenge.

fantoricalwargaming Simon got a lot of Judge Dredd miniatures done while being extremely busy posting up for the analogue painting challenge as well, which includes some 15 mm Germans, 6 mm Epic, and 2 nd edition Blood Bowl Dwarves.


justneedsvarnish  John normally doesn't do a lot of painting during January, but used the challenge to get some much needed models done.


pmpainting Matt got a whole host of models finished over the challenge, inclouding scenery large scale models, and some survivors.


lostdamnedstunted Dai, got some more bits for his Burrows and Badgers project done, while clearing off some other pieces.


azazelx Azazel got a huge batch of models done, including some Judge Dredd miniatures, and certainly the oldest versions shown, as these are the old GW versions.



kuribospainting Jeff got a building for Fallout finished with excellent weathering.


rantingsfromunderthewargamestable Roger got some soldiers that have been sat for a long time, a couple of bones miniatures, and some Blake's 7 inspired ships painted.


nickelandimeproductions Frank managed to paint up a great giant Scorpion, and some very effective looking bookcases.


caveadsum1471 Iain used the challenge to finish off a couple of units he'd already started while taking part in the analogue painting challenge as well.



markamorin Mark got quite a bit more for his Aztec project done, including a unit of pikemen, 4 serpent statues ( they look familiar ! LOL) and a whole load of war canoes.


dagreenhorde Snapfit is new to our challenges, but has done a great Ork enforcer, and Grot, if you like Ork's in general, seriously check out his blog.


That's everyone who commented on the challenge post, so if I've missed anyone, let me know below, and because Roger would ask where my entries were here's my two entries.


Thank you to all who took part, and creating a great event, that you hopefully all enjoyed taking part, you can check out all their blogs from the links included, to see even more pictures and posts. Hopefully Friday I will have at least one more Fembruary post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

28 comments:

  1. John@justneedsvarnish21 February 2022 at 09:56

    Loadsa nice stuff there, Dave, so thanks for running and hosting it (and thanks for the mention)! :-) Always good to see your bikes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, credit where it is due mate, so no problem, and glad you like the bikes.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun challenge for people with the bonus of getting the lead pile a little smaller. Lots of good paint jobs on display. I recognize some of those blogs. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, that's definitely the point of these challenges, a bit of fun, and reducing the mountain that is our hobby ! LOL The standard was excellent, and some truly great blogs on show.

      Delete
  3. A ton of great entries, Dave, and some cracking painting! Thanks for hosting this challenge, when's the next one? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of entries this year was massive Matt, and such great quality as well, no problem on the challenge, but my next one isn't until August ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Some great work from all the guys Dave & a big thanks to yourself for putting up the challenge, anything that helps me get something painted is always welcome 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes everyone taking part to make a great challenge, so the credit goes to all of you who took part, I just collected up the pictures ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Thanks for putting this all together, Dave. That's a ton of models to be posted up. Looking forward to the next one, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Simon, there was a lot of great entries this year from everyone, I'm glad I only host 3 challenges a year, as they can take some time on the roundup's ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Glad so many had stuff on show for this challenge and the quality as always is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a great showing by everybody Dai, both in numbers and quality, and was made great by everybody's contributions.

      Delete
    2. Am only sorry I totally forgot to pull out my Judge Minty fig to paint for extra points! (Next time I guess.)

      What's the next challenge?

      Delete
    3. It would work well for Apocalypse Me in October, so no worries mate, Roger and Simon, want to do a Judge Dredd themed month, but they haven't tried getting me to host that yet, probably just as well, as I'm running out of JD models ! LOL

      Delete
  7. A nice collection of miniatures. This reminds me that despite all of the things I have going on, I STILL have a couple of old painting challenges I haven't finished out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ann, fantastic entries from everyone, I think the model count is actually higher than last year, or that could just be Azazel's output ! LOL It's easily done, I was a bit slow on getting this roundup posted myself.

      Delete
  8. Yes, Azazel can be delightfully epic in his output, that's for sure! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how fast he cranks them out, with such quality, truly epic, and always a highlight to see.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is the thing. It isn't like he is cranking about a bunch of garbage. He's cranking out solid, quality pieces!

      Delete
    3. Indeed, wish I knew how he did it, I wouldn't have so many outstanding models to paint ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Wow, there are some absolutely brilliant photos throughout Dave! It's a post like this that creates inspiration to to get over to the hobby desk 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With such a diverse array of models, there should be motivation for anyone in this group Ivor ! LOL If it inspires, then it is worth the work collating all the pictures together.

      Delete
  10. Great work for all involved, and a few there I'd missed, thanks so much for organising this mate, and I have to admit I hadn't realised how much stuff you had painted yourself! it's lucky someone was there to remind you to post up your own entries too (even if only subconsciously 😉).

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed each year with the quality and quantity everyone submits, and happy to run these challenges if it gives people the motivation to get some of their models completed. Managed to get a few more painted this year, as it was all stuff I wanted to paint, rather than unit's I was forcing myself to do ! LOL I think the number was easily disguised by sneaking in several models to a post ! LOL It was like I had your voice in the back of my head going " Don't forget yours !" ROFL

      Delete
  11. Really impressed by all the models, great work everyone!
    Thanks for hosting this challenge Dave and for featuring my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For only being it's second year the amount of participants was exceptional, and the quality and quantity of work always astounds me. Thank you for being a part of this year, and you are most welcome on the highlight, as credit where it's due.

      Delete
  12. Hey Dave just getting back from a 4 day gaming convention where I got to use the Aztec stuff - will eventually blog about all this too but want to catch up first on others' posts. Really appreciate your running the challenge and giving me a shout out. And great work by all indeed.Best, Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Mark, glad to highlight all the great people that take part in these challenges, look forward to seeing your post on the convention.

      Delete