Wednesday 16 June 2021

FORGOTTEN HEROES PART 4


 As I continue with my entries for this years forgotten-heroes-2021 I've continued to make some progress through the Windriders group. The above shot shows most of the group towards the end of the film Solo when they confront Han and the gang.


There is two that are not at this point, one will appear later in the post but the other shown above is killed earlier in the movie by Rio, as he is already dead, I won't be making this one, but thought it only fair to show Baroosh Pawk.


The first model I want to show is Tayshin Maxa, who does appear in the shot above.


The whole sculpt was done with greenstuff.


Painting wise I experimented with using a glaze as a filter to give the green tone on the trousers and tunic, was pleased with the results.


Next is Tayshin's sister Moda Maxa, who was the other character not in the top shot.


As you can see was made from greenstuff again, and kept with the martial art pose from the reference picture, very wax on wax off style ! LOL


Painting again I experimented with a green glaze as a filter on the trousers.


Next is Tubes, now I have also seen him called Two Tubes, and Benthic, so could be his whole name is Benthic Two Tubes, but that's just a guess.


Some plastic rod was used to help make the gun, the rest was done with greenstuff.


Painting involved getting lots of variance between similar colours, was happy with the end result.


Next is Waydurk, I don't have a lot of background on this one, except his species is Mimbanese.


Used a little plasticard on the weapon, the rest was done with greenstuff.



Painting was pretty straight forward on this one, just following the colours.


Last today is Silvasu Fi, which I have very little information on.


Some plastic rod, was used, as was a pistol from another model on this one.


Painting was pretty straight forward, but enjoyable.


Last today is a group shot of all the Windriders done so far, only leaving 7 more to do, will have to see how far I can get through the rest, before the end of the month. That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Christ, Dave, and you said I was churning out the minis during Monster May(hem)! You're not only doing these at an amazing rate, you're making them yourself which is even more impressive. All these are excellent as usual, and I really like Silvasu Fi and Waydurk. Nice going, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I was only expecting to have the two sisters done for this post, and the other 3 would have been later, as Waydurk and Silvasu were taking ages on sculpting on detail, then all of a sudden they came together, and painted up really quick, so if I'm lucky I will have another 2 done for next week, as I've got all 7 frames made now.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your attention to detail and the sheer speed with which you are producing these marvellous sculpts is absolutely astounding, Dave. Terrifying even, LOL!!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, really enjoying these, so it seems to go a lot quicker, plus having multiple frames on the go seems to be increasing my speed.

      Delete
  3. You just know I am having a 'Wars-gasm right now with each new post of these excellent characters Dave! So frikken cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, you know too much of that and you can go blind ! LOL Glad you're enjoying them mate, hopefully the last 7 of the group will be just as good.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely amazing work Dave, are you actually sleeping at all or just running on coffee!! I even recognised one of the characters in the first picture, it's Willow Ufgood!!! 😁

    Sorry couldn't resist, honestly I'm so impressed I might have to watch Solo again now!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, couple of hours sleep here and here ! LOL He does have the same hairstyle in both admittedly ! LOL
      I find it's one of those movies you either love or hate, not a great deal of middle ground, from a designer's perspective there's lots to like and a few things you could look at and go those could be better.

      Delete
    2. Talking of "Warrick" the top ten Cloud Riders from Solo, would make a good "Tenable" question for you! 😉

      Cheers Roger

      Delete
    3. LOL it would indeed, the only Star Wars one I've failed so far, is based on 7,8 and 9, which didn't surprise me ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Now that is a good looking crew! Enfys Nest is really looking fleshed out now. I wonder if Tubes is called that because Rogue One has a character named Two Tubes. I could be wrong on that but if memory serves, it is an alien in Saw's bunch. Either way, you have to keep this project going. Its just too cool not to see it finished :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, Double checking it looks like some people mistook Tubes, for the two characters of the same species in Rogue One, hence people calling him the different names, but it should be just Tubes. The last seven are all on their way, a couple are close to going into paint, and the rest are progressing well

      Delete
    2. One Tubes, Two Tubes, Three Tubes, it doesn't matter! They look pretty cool in my book and I'm looking forward to the final seven! :D

      Delete
    3. Indeed, Jeff, will have to make the two to go with Saw at some point as they're the only ones I can't find a suitable proxy model for ! LOL Finished the first 2 sculpts today, and about 70 % through the rest of them.

      Delete
  6. I am in awe on your outpput, your sculps, your attention to details and your brushwork. To get all these skills working in unison toproduce all the above is truly awesome - comgratulations !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, I've been using these as an experiment with my sculpting, to see what the best number of models to be working on, with very little downtime, for use later with the business, but glad you like what I've been doing

      Delete
  7. As I said with the comments on part 2 - bloody amazing! Just a shame you can't share these sculpts due to IP issues - but yeah, very impressive sculpting skills once again, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazel, it is a shame I can't release them, but just not worth the trouble, certain bits of scenery you can get away with, maybe the odd creature with a different set of horns and different colours, but characters this specific would be an instant liable suit ! LOL

      Delete