Friday 6 March 2020

JUST AS WEAK AS ME !

Today I have another Alien big model but from a different franchise " Independence Day".
This biosuit protects the weaker alien inside and gives it a resilient armour and weapon system to perform it's planet striping.
The model was simple to put together, and made in hard plastic, haven't seen one available for a long time, but if they make another film I'm sure they'll be released again !
Painting on this one was relatively easy, with a few added effects using washes and glazes to add the markings shown in the film.

Next time may be another biggie or some more flyers, so until then have fun !
Cheers Dave

LIFE'S TOO SHORT
I had originally written this post last weekend, but after reading Bryan's post, didn't feel much like being on the internet, and just buried myself in painting and modelling, mostly because it gives me great enjoyment and I find it very relaxing, as much as I enjoy gaming I really enjoy these other elements to.
With the past year being very difficult, with the move, the really long time the building work took and lack of space to do what I wanted, my business has suffered for it. Time to get out of this funk and get back on with doing what I enjoy, so if there is anything you'd like my company to produce in the near future add it to your comments. It could be something to add to an existing range we do, or something totally new, doesn't matter if you are a existing customer or never bought from us, all suggestions will be taken into consideration.
Until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff, Dave. Truly excellent. I think Bryan's post has probably caused anyone who knows him to go into something of a hobbying funk - it has me as well. And certainly made me rethink what I love doing in this hobby - which is spookily playing/posting BatReps rather than painting. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at some point this year for a natter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, yes Bryan’s post certainly gave cause for reflection. Was hoping to go up to see him this year, and get in some gaming with him.
      Would be great to catch up, my room is almost finished enough to have people round for gaming, painting or sculpting advice

      Delete
  2. Great bit of work Dave & I know what you mean about poor Bryan's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, his post certainly puts life into perspective, at least he got to say goodbye in his own way

      Delete
  3. Great detailing on what looks like a very fragile model.
    Very understandable with the whole 'being in a funk' thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, the model is a lot more robust than it looks thankfully as I dropped it more than once with my grip !
      I hadn’t released how much of a funk I’d got in until his post

      Delete
  4. Nicely painted Dave.

    I'm strangly pleased to hear you met up with Bryan, I never did but he's had a huge influence on me for all that. The internet is a wierd place to find like minded people and yet never meet them, people who you regard with affection and an almost pen pall like freindship but who exist in an ethereal and almost unreal world. I'm not sure I can explain what I mean exactly but you probably already know.
    Sorry I've no suggestions to your questions but I'm not really focused on gaming at the moment.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John.
      I know what you mean about Internet friends, with the business I get the chance to meet a lot of them, and try to make the time to get to others as well whether it be them coming to my place or travelling to theirs, on a trip to Florida I even got to meet up with one of my American friends and hope to meet up with others when I can.
      No worries on the suggestions

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was never a big fan of the film(s) but he looks interesting. At first I thought those were it's intestines spilled between it's legs!

    Hope 2020 proves to be a more pleasant affair for you Dave. It bloody better well be for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, yes the head tentacles look a lot like intestines, what would have been better if they had made them more animated with movement in them

      Delete
  7. Great looking sinister alien! I'm sorry I can't suggest anything I'm too historical oriented I guess!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, we do currently make some bits that are suitable for historical like our stonewalls and palisades and would be willing to do more if you’ve got any suggestions ?

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been a fan of the design to be honest, it looks a bit like a Pharaoh's mummy. He looks properly creepy though and your work on him is splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wouter, you’re absolutely spot on with your observations of the style in my opinion as I saw Egyptian styling in the ship’s as well

      Delete