Thursday 26 March 2020

RETURN OF THE FORCE

Hope all are well and safe from harm.
While clearing old projects has been great for making my shelves look pretty I really wanted to get back on with some more of my Star Wars project, first off today is Darth Maul, I got the model for Xmas from my In-Laws. The model comes bare chested, but I wanted more of the Crimson Dawn feel to him, so green stuffed the relevant clothing, I also added my normal clear sabre rods as well.

Next a simple paint job and I now have Lando to lead my Bespin contingent when visiting Tatooine.

Fancied having a Bantha herd roaming the desert but the FFG one obviously comes with a Tusken Raider and baggage on it, so built this one to take a mould of, and have left the horns off so can add some variation, may also make some with two raiders sat on like in the films. The head will be cast separately to allow some variation.

Have made a little progress with the Rebel Transporter, the first picture shows the basic shaping at the front and rear.

The next picture shows the rough lines sketched in ready to grind them with the Dremel.

That's all for this post apart from to say has anyone heard from Wouter ? have spotted posts or comments from everyone else on this or other blogs. In these strange times keeping  an eye out on each other is very important, so let's all try to stay safe and check in on people where possible.
Until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Dude that Bantha sculpt is awesome! Really like how Lando came out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, lot's of zooming in on pictures from the movies to check the type of fur required, but felt it was worth it. The hardest part on Lando was getting his skin tone just right

      Delete
  2. Lando looks ace! I really like the colours for the cloak and your paint job.
    Definitely will agree that the Bantha sculpt is looking decent.

    I'm not familiar with Wouter, so can't help I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy, lot's of mixing to get the right tones on Lando, but was worth the extra effort with such an iconic character.
      Was very hard to find decent pictures of the Bantha for reference, but that's never stopped me before ! LOL
      No problem Roy, great to hear from you though, hope your doing well at this time

      Delete
  3. The Bantha looks great, very wooly.

    Is the Darth Maul figure resin or metal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it was surprising how many styles of fur it has.
      Darth Maul is plastic, the upper clothing is greenstuff

      Delete
  4. Great work all round as always Dave, , I have to say I was very impressed with the shading on Lando's cloak.

    The Bantha looks the business, though I think it's the way the gaps for the horns look like eyes, but it just makes it look so damn cute!!

    The transport just keeps looking better and better too.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, was really pleased with how his cloak turned out, even if I didn’t do the pattern on the inside ! lol
      I know what you mean, had to keep checking the shape was right as without the horns it completely changes the shape.
      It’s a long job but should be worth it in the end

      Delete
  5. A lot of great stuff going on here Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, hope your keeping safe and busy mate

      Delete
  6. I'm no bog fan of Star Wars, but I'm sure those in the know will be ableto comment upon your work's accuracy etc. On the other hand I can appreciate your skills the "bantha" looks superb, as does your workon the other figures.
    The transpoter - is it for use with 28mmf figures ? - It looks huge !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, indeed we all have different tastes, and would never hold it against someone for not liking the same things as me ! lol
      The transporter is large as it was originally made for action figures but is perfect scale for 28 mm as it is a large ship in the film’s. it’s large enough that I will be able to game inside as well, so won’t just be a large unusable piece on the gaming table

      Delete
  7. So good to catch up with these Dave and a timely reminder that I have some Star Wars fun to look forward to in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, don't forget if you need any extra pointers to give me a shout

      Delete
  8. Lovely additions mate! Lando’s cloak looks fab.

    Do like me a herd of banthas too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, was really pleased with how Lando turned out.
      I thought they would add a random element with the possibility of a stampede, also would be useful for tied up Banthas in a Tusken camp

      Delete
  9. All superb work. I particularly like Lando's cloak, great painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin, Lando's cloak was an exercise in mixing paints to get the right tones, rather than just using straight from the pot, also trying to match the colour straight from the pot

      Delete
  10. Wow, kudos on that Bantha sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wouter, have another Star Wars creature I fancy building but more on that at a later time

      Delete