Monday 3 February 2020

FLYING TURKEY

Upon the release by GW of their Helldrake model, it soon picked up the nickname of the flying turkey because of it's ungainly look, not long after the release I received one as a gift from my inlaws, I think it was for my Birthday, knowing that I liked flyers and had a Chaos army. A very thoughtful gift even if I wasn't in awe of the model itself.
Having looked at the kit I decided I wanted to make it look more like the Hellblade be Forgeworld as if it had originally been a fighter that had suffered demonic possession, so here is my rendition

Like how the wings turned out and I think look better than the original version seen here

Also brings it more in line with the Hellblade seen here

That's it for this post with another grey model now in colour, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

17 comments:

  1. Very nicely converted and turned out model!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, was happy with the conversion and more pleased to have another model finished ! lol

      Delete
  2. A very cool idea Dave & well executed well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, it’s very rewarding when an idea works out plus I’ve got some spare bits to maybe build another model with

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! What a beast of a model and I love the colour scheme Dave, really original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, turned out better than expected, the colour scheme is my Emperors Children non noise marine

      Delete
  4. It looks to be a big beasty, it's always good to change from an undercoated piece to a finished one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it is a very nice feeling indeed, although I've not been undercoating the newer GW models as their detail isn't very deep, so rather than filling it with primer I've been painting straight on the plastic

      Delete
  5. Awesome colors, excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, although that much pink can get tiresome ! LOL

      Delete
  6. They look fab in this scheme! But what do you stuff them with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, would suggest heavy calibre ammo to make sure fully cooked ! LOL

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THink I kinda prefer your wing set-up over the standard one. Looks great Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, it made more sense to me aerodynamically, not that happens a lot in 40K ! lol

      Delete
  9. Almost like a possessed spaceship fighter, I like the idea. A brilliant conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wouter, made more sense to me this way than the standard GW version

      Delete