Friday 28 June 2024

THAT'S A WRAP

 As July draws to a close, so do my entries for Forgotten Heroes, I've gone through another blitz of background characters, first is Pucumir Thryss, you can see this character get very upset when Luke kills the Rancor, but he does appear in other shots as well.


Next is Nizuc Bek, now some of you may be thinking isn't that Velken that Dave showed last time, well they obviously shop in the same store, and have a couple of subtle differences, their helms are different, and Nizuc doesn't have a shoulder pad.


Next is Ardon Crell, this was a pretty simple build, but more tricky on the painting.


Next is Taym Dren-Garen, the only time I saw this one, was when Luke was fighting on top of Jabba's Sailbarge.


As I started the challenge with robots, I thought I would end the challenge with a robot as well, and here is the poor Gonk droid, that we saw being tortured in the bowels of the Palace.


Here is a group shot of all the characters I managed to finish this year.


Now I need to decide what to do for Season of Scenery, so until next time, stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I have missed a steller month here Dave! I love it when you post the screenshot next to your creation, but even then there are some I am not sure that I have seen before. Amazing as always Dave, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, keeps me out of trouble ! LOL like to include the reference pictures, incase the character is new to people, so they can see how close or far I managed to get to the character ! LOL The only reason I know all the names was down to finding the wonderful Yodapedia reference sheet, I've got 4 named characters left to do, and a few unamed ones that I have found as well.

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to the diorama you have to make now of the palace, can't have all of these characters just floating around with nothing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SD, I already have the throne room built, which I did a couple of years ago, and the Rancor pit, need to do the kitchen, now I know what it looks like, and also need the cells and robot torture room, maybe this years challenge pieces ! LOL

      Delete
  3. I was to praise your sense of completion with these characters, but the Gonk droid just left me speechless. I'm absolutely in love with this whole project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, I think with the unnamed characters I've got about 8 left to do, which I may save until next years challenge ! LOL Glad you liked the Gonk, still need to do the protocol droid in the torture wrack as well.

      Delete
  4. Every time I come here, I see characters I didn't know existed. How many people hung out at Jabba's palace or on his sail barge? Apparently a shit-ton of people. And they all have names? That's nuts! Awesome green stuff magic as always, Dave. You killed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith, there were over a 100 denizens of Jabba's Palace and sailbarge, there are at least three that don't have names, two humans and a Aqualish ! LOL I've only got 8 of them left to build, as I don't need Lando, and Boush as my gaming is set at an earlier time ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Truly awesome output mate, all of them are great little sculpts, but I have to say (and you know) I'm a sucker for a "Gonk" droid, and though I don't agree with robot cruelty, that is a smashing bit of kit right there!

    And of course they are all well and truly "Forgotten Heroes!" .

    Cheers Roger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I've enjoyed getting so many of them finished, and can finally see the finishing post on this part of the project ! LOL Still need the branding rod for the Gonk, but that will come when I make that room. This year has actually been my best output for Forgotten Heroes, and probably the most obscure as well ! LOL

      Delete
  6. The obvious choice for the scenery challenge is the barge or palace where all these figures can congregate. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, I already have Jabba's throne room, probably going to do the kitchen, and if I get time the robot torture room and cells, still working out the plans on the sailbarge ! LOL

      Delete