Monday 25 October 2021

RETURN OF THE FORCE

 At the beginning of the month, while starting on the Apocalypse Me challenge, I also had a personal goal to finish the last 4 Star Wars figures I had, before my Birthday, just in case I got some new toys to work on, this involved finishing 4 WOTC models.


First was two Sand Troopers, now I tried two different colours for the dirt on these, one has the usual black dirt, and the other has flesh shade dirt, I actually like the flesh shade more so will probably do that on any more Stormtroopers I get.


I also got two scout troopers finished which both had the flesh shade dirt applied.


I was very fortunate on my Birthday and got many new Star Wars kits, and some I just couldn't wait to get started, firstly was Hondo Onaka the pirate, who appears in the Clone Wars cartoon and Star Wars Rebels cartoon, and even has a animatronic in the new Galaxy's Edge attraction in Florida, this version is from Rebels.


I also got Agent Kallus, which appears in Star Wars Rebels, I've gone for the helmeted version, with bow rifle in close combat mode, but has left me with some parts to help make, his rebel version.


I also got the new release of Yoda, which comes with two models in it, one in fighting stance and one in a more static pose, I think I will use the action pose in my clone wars games, and the static one, as a guide for my other games.

I got a few more kits which I will show and talk about once they're done, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

23 comments:

  1. Loving the new offerings! Kallus is particularly well done and both of those Yodas are adorable! (Is he supposed to be “adorable”?)

    I once met Brian Froud and his wife at a tiny convention in Norwich. Listening to his stories of how they designed and made the puppet for the original Yoda was a great experience. Seemed like a down to earth decent bloke too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, was pleased with how Kallus turned out, and many out there would say Yoda is adorable, so I think your safe on that one mate ! LOL
      That is very cool getting to meet him, and great that he was so down to earth, and happy to chat.

      Delete
  2. More Star Wars goodness, very nicely done mate.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, it was inevitable that I would return to this project ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, the Force is strong with this one!
    Lovely work; I think my favourite is Kallus, it turned out really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, really like Kallus as a character, and how he developed, and due to the simple colour scheme, needed a little extra, to make him pop

      Delete
  4. Weird and wonderful (to me at least), the Star wars world is well represented on the wargaming front as this post shows. Some great models (Agent Kallus especially) and some that leave me cold (cuddly Yoda) but great paintjobs throughout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, glad you liked the painting, it is quite a diverse universe, and has very different reactions out of people.

      Delete
  5. You're a force in yourself Dave with the amount of stuff you get through, as always excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, as they say a rolling Stone gathers no moss ! LOL

      Delete
  6. John@justneedsvarnish29 October 2021 at 04:07

    All really nice, Dave, and the flesh tone weathering looks spot on! :-) I really like Hondo, but then I think he's a good character in Clone Wars and Rebels. And I think Star Wars stormtroopers are, for me, the iconic sci-fi soldiers, perhaps from the visual image of seeing them for the first time. That said, I think they did a good job of making them look retro in Clone Wars and also brought up to date for the New Order! Hope you had a great birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, Hondo is quite a complex character, even for all his pirate bravado. Stormtroopers were so iconic, that when they did the clones, not everybody liked them, but personally I liked them, as you could see the starts of the Stormtrooper armour, and I liked how they developed over the films and series.

      Delete
  7. Love all these, Dave, but the weathering on the stormtrooper and scout troopers is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, it's something I've been trying to improve, and may even revisit the stormtroopers I've already done to make them look better.

      Delete
  8. Very nice work on all of these minis, Dave! I haven't seen Rebels but I can tell it really has earned a fanbase within Star Wars fans like us. I also really like the look of the Yoda sculpts. For some reason, I enjoy painting really small scale minis like hobbits so I may have to buy a Yoda and put him on a little display base or something. You might be costing me money again, mate! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, I started watching Rebels, to encourage my children to watch Star Wars, it didn't work, but I enjoyed it, so at least 1 win. There is something very satisfying about getting a smaller than normal model painted, perhaps it's the challenge of it, I'll apoligise now for costing you more money, and for any future purchases mate ! LOL

      Delete
  9. I really need to start painting some of my Star Wars minis. Inspirational man. I love the Yoda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luke, normally lots of Star Wars bits on here to hopefully inspire mate

      Delete
  10. Excellent work yet again, Dave - I have to go with the pair of Yodas (Yodi?) as my favourites of the bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazel, was very pleased with the yoda's but my favourite would have to be Agent Kallus, the little extras I did just made him pop for me.

      Delete