Sunday 31 May 2020

FORGOTTEN HEROES 2020

Tomorrow see's the the start of Forgotten Heroes run by Jez over at carrioncrowsbuffet the event this year is to convert and a paint a model based on a character from either film, TV series or comic book that hasn't had a model made for it or you don't like the model currently available for it.
In 2018 I took part in this event, creating many models for the A.B.C. Warriors from 2000 ad. Here's a picture of all completed models so far.

This year I'm hoping to get some more of the Warriors finished, I have 7 to do, all the frames were made over the last couple of years and very occasionally worked on, this year I'd like to get them all finished, but will have to see how far I get. Now some of you may be thinking but they've released models of some of these Dave, and indeed they have, but I'm doing as many as I can based off the art of Clint Langley, as I like his version the best.
Here's where Thy're all at

As you can see Zippo and Hammerstein are almost built and should easily be able to finish these.

Joe, Steelhorn, and Deadlock have all been started to a decent level.

Lastly there's Terri and Purity which have a lot of work to do !

So be prepared there will be a lot of posts this month about these guy's, and hopefully a few for other projects, so until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Wow, was it really two years ago? Where does the time go? Lovely start on these Dave and I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, doesn't time fly when your having fun ! LOL feel really bad they've not got very far so would like to get them finished this year, then next year I could do a Blitzspear or maybe some Imperial Rottweilers so I can have a battle with them

      Delete
  2. I only vagyely remember a couple of these characters from my limited experiences of earl 2000AD issues, but I'm pretty sure your attention to detail will bring them to life.
    Good luck with the challenge !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, as I post up each completed one I'll try to remember to add the background details and a picture from the comics for you

      Delete
  3. I always love it when you do your ABC Warriors, Wow you are really going for the complete set with Terry and Charity, will we be getting a ""Mess" too?

    Very good luck mate.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, oh yes want the complete set, would even like a Grobendork to go with Nemesis and Rojaws.
      Already have a mess he’s top picture on the far left mate

      Delete
    2. Oh bugger yes I can see him now! oh well if you get time perhaps you could do "Charlie", you'd need a lot of greenstuff though..... :-)

      Delete
    3. George is on the radar, but maybe at a later date, would probably build him mostly out of plastic with putty details, I'd hate to think how many packs of Green stuff I would need to sculpt him ! LOL as for Charlie hadn't considered him as he was more in Ro-Busters as a spin off with only Mek Quake appearing in there, but I won't say never ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great to see this project getting more work done on it!

    Love what I see so far, tho have to ask, is Hammerstein perhaps a little smaller than I recall from the comics? He always seemed to loom over the other ABC characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, it’s certainly been a while ! lol
      Working from the scale of Clint’s work only Mongrel, steelhorn, and Mek Quake are taller the offers are all smaller and in scale with his pictures, but I think he lowered Hammerstein height as he made all the robots bigger than humans

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to see what you do. Your sculpts 2 years ago blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith, felt it was the fairest way for me to take part by scratch building the models, rather than converting as that's what I do for a living. Hoping to push a little further this time

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun project and nice to get some outside impetus!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, it's been an idea that has been around since I was going to build some of them for Mongoose when they had the licence, and Ro-Jaws was actually built at that time, the rest happened in 2018, and then it stalled and hopefully this years event will finally see it to fruition !

      Delete
  7. These look good, Im always amazed what can be achieved with small scale sculpting and they are coming on very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, there are times when I put too much detail in, I once got told off by GW mould makers for putting buckles on a 6 mm model ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Your Hammerstein sculpt is terrific! Looking forward to see the rest all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wouter, hoping to finish them all this time

      Delete
  9. Wonderful Dave, been able to sculpt just open the door to so many possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, your not wrong, it opens up all sorts of possibilities ! LOL

      Delete