Friday, 9 October 2026

ONE DISTRACTION DONE

 Come on no one thought I wouldn't get distracted with all the goodies I got recently, so first distraction has been finished, this is the Shatterpoint Outer Rim Outpost Terrain Pack, no I'm not starting Shatterpoint as well, this was originally part of a bigger terrain set for Legion, which has since been split into smaller packs, and spread between  Legion and Shatterpoint, you will see from the photo's that it fits perfectly well with Legion scale models. So first up is the actual Outpost, this is based on one that is seen in the series Andor, on the planet of Aldani. The one on the website is painted in sandstone color, looks great, but as I want all the Imperial section on Tatooine in grey to stand out from the local scenery.


Next up is a bunch of crates under a tarpaulin, a simple piece, but very effective, and totally Star Wars, with the style of the crates.


Last today is a Bogwing, on top of a old Power Droid, as it's half buried I went for a really rusty look, and took the colors from Wookiepedia for the Bogwing, they are not native to Tatooine, but could be it was brought to Tatooine and escaped ! LOL


These were great fun, and a shame they arrived after the challenge had finished, but then then there is no reason not to do scenery at any time ! LOL That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, they were great fun to build and paint.

      Delete
  2. Love the bunker mate. Very "Empire" indeed.

    The crates do indeed look good for Star Wars, but could also be used in just about any scifi setting I think.

    The bogwing.... I don't recall these critters? Love the look of it though. Almost as though a Kawokian Monkay Lizard grew wings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, When I first saw the model, it didn't twig where I had seen it, until rewatching Andor ! LOL
      Your right the crates would work in many settings, but I'm glad they put in enough recognisable markings.
      They are from Dagobah, in the expanded universe, and have also been seen on other planets including Naboo, all in the Expanded Universe.

      Delete
  3. Marvellous stuff. The outpost is particularly nice.
    We call these distractions 'squirrel projects'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, it's a great piece, my only negative would be a lack of entrances, so will have to be an underground entrance ! LOL
      That will be a very fitting name for the models Squirrel sent over ! LOL

      Delete
  4. John@justneedsvarnish10 October 2026 at 07:34

    All very nice, Dave! :-) I do like that outpost building!

    ReplyDelete