This was the opening line of the original Battlestar Galactica, and a fitting way to open this post, as I start with the completed original Vyper, from the original series, a long time ago I showed the painting of half of this model as a quick guide, but never fully finished it as I lost parts of the landing gear hatches, well recently I found one of the two missing bits, and decided to make the last missing bit.
As you can see above there is one hatch made of greenstuff, I took a mould off the one I had, and swapped the side of the hinges with some plasticard. I also tied together all the painting and got this.
While on this role, I found the transfers for my MK II Vyper and finished off the weathering completing the last of my Vypers.
While in the mood to complete as many of these models as I could I've also painted up the new version of the Galactica itself, one bit I was never sure on was the weird ridges that cover 80 % of the model, I recently found out the designer based it off of a range of vases he liked, personally after painting them all, they are a pain ! LOL All the armour plating needed a mottled look as well, which I achieved with three layers of paint and a glaze, happy with the end result.
Now I only have the original Galactica, and a Cylon fighter left to do to complete this set, but that may wait for another time, don't forget you still have three more days to finish any scenery projects you have going for the challenge, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave



No comments:
Post a Comment