Today I have another speeder to show, this one is a 3D print I got from super3dprints on Ebay reasonably priced, and the quality was good, the only disappointing part was the picture showed a clear screen but it came grey, as the picture shown is a render not an actual print, I didn't make a fuss about it, and painted it like a tinted screen.
here's a scale shot with a legion model.
I saw a speeder in Disney, in these color's and thought I'd use them on this one, kept the chipping to a minimum on this one to give a newer look, but used, at a later point I may make a driver and passenger to go in them, probably alien rather than human.
I've also finished the rest of the Ewoks that I got for Father's day, todays are the spears I made up from the standard models.
tried to vary the fur schemes to match the reference shown, last but not least today, I received my Forgotten Heroes badge from Jez for taken part in the 10 th year of the challenge, it is a good size, and great quality, I shall wear mine with pride.
That's all for today, so until next time stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave


You’ve been busy haha! That color scheme on the speeder is fantastic, love that you didn’t weather it too much.
ReplyDeleteThank you SD, it felt like a newer model, so went with new paint job ! LOL There are some heavy scratches underneath as you never know what you may be passing over ! LOL
DeleteExcellent looking speeder and the screen solution is smart!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you Iain, was a fun one to paint, did think of bending a heated piece of acetate over the cast to get a clear screen, but seemed too much extra work, so just went with paint in the end ! LOL
DeleteOh my! How I love your works!
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
Thank you Michal, trying to do as much as I can while I can ! LOL
DeleteI'm not sure you can ever have too many speeders, especially when they look this good Dave.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, I do have my eye on a couple more ! LOL
DeleteThey have a speeder the same colour in Disneyland too, so it's a great choice and this one is a great homage matey.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the tinted window, Mos Eisley is a horribly hot and overly sunny (Twin Suns!) place. As you know, I too live in a horribly hot and overly sunny part of the world - most of the vehicles you see around these parts have tinted windows, so it fits in perfectly I think.
Deadly teds are so cute. Shame you couldn't save one to convert into a cheeky jedi or sith with a wee lightsaber. :)
Thank you Dai, must be the one I'm thinking off ! LOL and glad the tinted windscreen works as well, although hopefully they don't have such strict rules on the level of tint, like we do ! LOL
DeleteWhen I get round to getting some 3D prints I'm sure I can turn one into a jedi then, or just sculpt one from scratch ! LOL
the landspeeder looks amazing. great job. also the ewoks look cute but ready for action.
ReplyDeletelol should get some ewok figures for a crazy D&D story. that would funny. cute and furry....and savages. hah!
Thank you Mr. Martin, it was a fun quick distraction, but enjoyable to do, as was picking out different fur patterns for the Ewoks. Sounds like a great idea, and being feral creatures would work perfectly in that setting.
DeleteThat speeder looks ace, and I like the tinted screen idea! Pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteThank you Suber, I thought it was a lot quicker than trying to make one out of acetate ! LOL
DeleteYou've been very productive as of late which is great to see. Its exciting to see more Ewoks which look really great yet again. The Landspeeder is very nice too. I like the bright colors that also have a bit of weathering applied as well. It makes it look very Star Wars which is fitting considering the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, that will probably be the last of the teddy bears for a while, unless I get more freebies ! LOL I've found a couple more landspeeder color schemes from movie stills, so may do some more at a later point ! LOL Glad you like the minimal weathering.
DeleteThat speeder is really nice, Dave! :-) I like the colour scheme! And I have to say nice work on the Ewoks (even though you know I don't like Ewoks! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you John, The colors worked well on the shape, which I had seen on a speeder at Disney, I find doing interesting fur patterns makes doing Ewoks more interesting ! LOL
Delete