Feel a little all over the shop at the moment, and can't seem to focus on one thing, instead I seem to be starting pieces all over the place like a Void Spider TX-3 air taxi, which is the last vehicle that I need to go outside the cantina, with my speeder I built recently, and the Dewback and two Jerba's I built previously. Here is what it should look like
This is what I've built so far, mostly from plasticard, some greenstuff to finish off and add details, the dome was spare from the Juggernaut I purchased that just needed a crest removed.
I've also started to make a small incidental piece, a holographic standee to go outside my spaceport advertising Star Tours, to go with the shuttle model I have, below is the inspiration I found for the projector.
Last today I have been working on the weapons for the Turbo Tank, two are standard and just in basic paint, the other two turrets, are conversions from the kit and spare parts from other 3D prints, and some plastic rod and greenstuff, none are fully finished, but ready for final touches.
Happy with where it's all going, just would like to get on with the vehicle as a whole ! LOL Part of why I feel all over the place is I've started a new set of tests to find out what's going on with my hands, Doctor doesn't think it's the Fibro, so have blood tests, and X-rays to go through, hopefully can find out quickly, and won't take too much testing, but you can never tell. That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave


Nothing wrong with you being "All over the place" with your hobby Dave as it just means there's more for Star Wars goodness for me to nerd over.
ReplyDeleteLove what you've done here - the taxi is not something I was even aware of prior to this post!
Thank you Dai, glad it gave you plenty to nerd over ! LOL The taxi did have a fleeting glance in both the original cinematic version of New Hope, and the extended version, but was very brief, as you can see it wasn't far from the speeder I built previously.
DeleteI feel like I say, "Oh, I know that character or ship" a lot when you work on something but this one is definitely not familiar to me. It does have a cool look to it and I look forward to seeing the final results as well. I hope your tests go well and you get more clarity on your hands in the near future too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, I do like to pluck out the obscure characters and vehicles ! LOL This will mean I actually have all the original movie vehicles and creatures done, and a few more needed for the extended edition ! LOL I'm hoping it wont take long on the tests, as need my hands ! LOL
DeleteI can certainly sympathize with being all over the place! That said, I'm not surprised when I see all the super cool stuff you are working on.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, hopefully I can come up with a few more before the end of the challenge ! LOL
DeleteMore amazing modelling. This is going to be great.
ReplyDeleteThank you misterc, if I good just focus and finish some maybe ! LOL
DeleteExcellent mate. I sometimes feel all over the place with the hobby and in life in general. It’s normal and all good. Just keep moving forward.
ReplyDeleteThank you, indeed life can feel like that, and always move forward, my balance isn't good enough to go in reverse ! LOL
DeleteOk the last two I recognised, but this one passed me by completely! Gret work though.
ReplyDeleteCheers Roger.
Thank you Roger, it has such a short airtime, and hidden in the corner of a shot, surprised any one knows of it ! LOL
DeleteVery cool, looking forward to seeing how the finished piece looks! Wish you all the best with your tests, I hope you find the cause of the problems.
ReplyDeleteThank you snapfit, it's progressing slowly, but should finish it during the challenge. Thank you, X-rays are booked for the end of August and hopefully it will reveal what's wrong.
DeleteAll coming along nicely, Dave! :-) I'm a bit all over the place at the moment with stuff, but am working away at bits and pieces of scenery at least!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, it's progress, which is always a start, and sometimes many directions mean a bumper crop at the end ! LOL
Delete