Monday, 6 July 2026

FURRY NICE

 Recently for Father's Day, my children got me some models (they know me so well ! LOL) now I haven't finished them all, but made a good start, first up is the leader model for the Ewok pack, a horn blower and trap setter.


The next four I've armed with slings.


Here is all 7 in a group shot and the reference I used for fur color schemes


I think when I get round to getting more Ewoks I'll look at 3D prints, as most of the models in the pack use the same two bodies, so I can get a lot more variation with the 3D market.

I've also been working on the Turbo Tank, finishing all the details on one side, and now 90% done on the front, top, and rear, so once the last 10% is done mostly on the underside of the edges above the undercarriage, I'll have one side left to do, which you can see from the last picture below is a blank canvas, waiting for replication of the other side.


Hopefully I can keep posting over the next couple of weeks while we move a couple steps forward on my hobby room, which is very empty at the moment, with just my desk left in it ! LOL

So until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Great work on the ewoks, the outdoor photo spot you chose fits them really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, it was actually a necessity as my photograph section has been dismantled to get the next stop on my room done ! LOL

      Delete
  2. I was to comment about the Ewoks, but then I kept scrolling down and oh, wow, sir! Speechless doesn't even begin to cover what I feel now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, glad you like the Ewoks, and the progress on the Turbo Tank, still not as awesome as your Gargant.

      Delete
  3. Lovely the ewoks Dave, but oh my goodness the Turbo Tank, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, wasn't expecting to be painting more Ewoks at the moment, but that is the fun of gifts ! LOL Think I have lost the plot with the detail on the tank ! ROFL

      Delete
  4. You've even managed to make Ewoks look appealing, congratulations.
    The tank is coming along wonderfully too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, thank you for the compliment on making teddy bears look good ! LOL Luckily enough I'm still having fun on the tank, which is keeping me going ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Love me some Ewoks! These look great too. Nice dynamic poses, but yeah, I think some more variation thru 3rd party sources would help. Lucky sod having such hobby-supportive loved ones! For my Father's Day all I got was hugs and kisses from my little ones. Love the hugs and kisses, but damnit, I want hobby stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, there is another 5 I've got to finish, which I armed with spears so as not to repeat the poses I'd achieved ! LOL Hugs and kisses, are very important, and wouldn't be without those, but the additional hobby stuff keeps me busy ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Those Ewoks look very nice indeed, Dave. I don't think I own any of them for Star Wars: Legion. But I now need to find my backlog box in the loft to find out. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, both editions are the same ( white legion lettering or yellow), they are quite small and the left arm fit does require some filling.

      Delete
  7. Did you go to Endor for the Teddy photos, Dave? ;) They look great and I always enjoy seeing some Ewoks. The Juggernaut is really coming along now too. That is going to be a very impressive vehicle when you get done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, it's actually the pile of natural stone to build my pond and rockery, if I ever get round to it ! LOL I've missed working on it this week, as I'm itching to get onto the painting ! LOL

      Delete