Thursday 29 August 2019

OBI MESSA SO PLEEAASED TO SEE YOUU !

Even though it's a saying from my least favourite character from the prequels, I thought I'd use it anyway.
As I continue you on with painting my chess set, I've been trying to take lot's of pictures as per Simon's request to show lot's of WIP shots, so here's the first one

As you can see in this shot all the sections are base coloured, except the hair

In this next shot I've worked more on his tunic

Now it's getting there

And finally I'm happy, just needs some gloss varnish on his boots and his perspex lightsabre, to finish. On future posts would people prefer a list of the colours used, or happy just to see the pics ?
That's it for this post so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

8 comments:

  1. I can tell he's a Jedi Knight by his clothing but other than that, I have no idea who he is. Nice paint job, Dave. Truthfully, I'm not interested in what paints you use - the pictures and some background notes will suffice for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, your right he is a Jedi, Ewan Mcgregor's version of Obi Wan Kenobi. Will add more notes on the next one.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. Nice work mate. Look forward to seeing him with the sabre attached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I look forward to finding my sabre material ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Shame they don't make the translucent plastic toothpicks anymore, as I remember using them to replace the crappy one that were built into my old SW action figures. Might have been a little too thick though. Nice work, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, I've got some perspex rod in red green and blue that's perfect for it, I just need to find which box it's in ! LOL But I know the ones you mean and they would work well

      Delete
  4. He's looking pretty good Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, have got a couple more finished now that just need posting

      Delete