Monday 26 August 2019

I FEEL A STRONG PRESENCE IN THE FORCE !

Since the move I haven't painted anything for Star Wars, and I've really wanted to ! Not being able to find any of my stuff has meant this would be a difficulty, until I spotted a Star Wars chess set my children bought me about 13 years ago, I always intended to paint it but had never got round to it.
I've only managed a start so far, but hopefully I can get them done quickly. So far I've cut off all the lightsabres as I'm going to add clear perspex ones, this is for two reasons, first I think they look better and two the pieces plastic is a bit bendy. There are a few weapons that need help as well, which I will try and straighten with pinning, if not rebuild them with plastic rod.
Here is a selection of the dark side models, as you can see I've started a few, but still have a way to go to finish them, planning on keeping the bases the colour they came in and just highlighting the symbol with silver as I've done on a couple.
This is how far I've got on the light side, will be keeping the base colour the same but picking out the symbol in gold, was a bit unsure on Clone Troopers as the pawns but there growing on me.
Hopefully another post soon, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

10 comments:

  1. So many times I had that set in my hands, and so many times I walked away from buying it. Silly me!! Great start though Dave, and I look forward to seeing this collection build up with lots of WIPS please :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, bet your kicking yourself not picking one up ! Will try to remember to take work in progress pictures as I go

      Delete
    2. Tbh, as I recall the pawns were stormtroopers and clonetroopers, and at the time I was aghast at the prequel trilogy. If they'd be rebels instead of clonetroopers then I'd have bought it like a shot!! Sadly, I only got into the prequel trilogy with the "Clone Wars" animated show and now Dooku is my fave Star Wars baddie. Lots of pics please Dave :-)

      Delete
    3. Your right the Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers was a strange choice, but as it was a gift it wasn't a choice I had to make. I actually liked the prequels, and a lot more than the latest sequels. I'm actually tempted with the prequel Star Wars Legions game

      Delete
    4. Its an interesting thermometer for the Disney trilogy when seeing it makes you appreciate the prequels!!! LOL!!! I'll be right alongside you with the Legion prequel stuff, Dave. The Dooku mini alone looks awesome :-)

      Delete
    5. It was Grievous that did it for me and have been hunting ebay for some of the droid army tanks

      Delete
  2. What scale are these, Dave, and what are they made of? They do look good but I'm sorry to say I really don't like those massively chunky bases. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, the models are 68 mm tall on average, the bases are large but as their chess pieces, they don't bother me too much

      Delete
  3. They are rather nicely animated, should look good when you've finished them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, the sculpts are really good for cheap soft plastic to be honest

      Delete