Tuesday 26 November 2019

AND THE DEAD SHALL RISE !

First off today I have some sad news, for the first time in 10 years my company will not be going to Salute. This has nothing to do with the event as we were allocated the relevant space we needed, but due to the very trying year we've been through, the construction of our new facilities is still not finished and added complications has delayed the completion. Hopefully the following year we will be back but that depends on being able to get the relevant space if available.
Now to something more interesting, Phil is running Deadcember over on his blog dizbustersge and I'm going to use this to create some undead miniatures. I have already started 3 models, two sets of Zombies and victim, and an enraged spirit. The Zombie idea came from Andy (Da Gobbo) and will be based from this idea

The enraged spirit will be a ghost, now I'd like to do two more undead pieces, what would you guys like to see ? It can be anything to do with undead, drop your ideas in the comments.
Very short post today, next week will hopefully have some work on the undead to show, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

15 comments:

  1. Zombies! Yay! You can't go wrong with them, Dave. I'm chuffed that you'll be making a zombie victim. We see far too few of them. As for what I'd like to see - zombie feeders eating body parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, each victim will be coming with 4 zombie feeders as a set. I'm surprised more companies don't make them or it has more of an integral part to zombie gaming ( zombie kills player and all zombies within 3 inches descend on the free meal)

      Delete
  2. Nice idea Dave! I'd love to see a zombie in a wheelchair! Have yet to come across such a sculpt and think it would be super fun. (Though I've no idea how he/she would be able to get around? Perhaps a little memory of their past life has them pushing the wheels?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, and what a fun idea, I guess it would be no different to a zombie walking, basic muscle memory on how to move, definitely think this idea has loads of merit

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you won't be at Salute Dave; I can completely understand though.

    Great idea for a themed month and already shuddering at the idea of zombies feating on their victim. I wonder, given the General Election, if there is a call for some leaders of the various political parties 'shuffling' towards yet more uncertainty? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, it’s disappointing but necessary.
      Yes already have some disturbing pieces in the works! Funny you mention doing the politicians as it was one of the ideas I had but wasn’t sure how popular it would be! lol

      Delete
  4. oh, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the zombie feeders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, thought you might be pleased I’m finally getting round to them mate

      Delete
  5. Oh... "Salute" simply won't be the same without you being there, Dave. Rather gutted tbh... Good luck with zombies though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, unavoidable I'm afraid, but hopefully it will not take too long before we return

      Delete
    2. Hopefully I'll see you in Bournemouth in the New Year then?

      Delete
    3. Not at Bournemouth either I’m afraid and Plymouth is debatable at the moment, it looks like I’ll be restarting shows in the summer at the moment

      Delete
  6. A bit of bad with the delay Dave & you having to miss out on shows, an interesting little project you are taking on good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, the delay has been a constant frustration, but will will hopefully be to a point where I can use the room soon. Should have a progress shot this week on the undead

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete