Today I've finished the Void Spider tx-3 that was seen outside the cantina in Mos Eisley, even if it was only for a couple of seconds in the movie both original and extended version. The model is made from plasticard, foamcore, plasticrod, brass rod and lots of greenstuff, plus a filimant print dome that was originally from the Turbo Tank. If anyone want's to know specifics, please ask as I will be happy to share to help with your projects.
Painting wise I've tried to match the reference photo, the top half was surprisingly clean in the reference, which I was surprised by, but went with the reference for accuracy, even though being a taxi, I would expect it to e dirty and grimy. Below is the reference picture as a reminder.
Very happy to finally have this one done to complete outside the cantina, just need to do the incidental crates and bits, plus a big crashed ship, but that will be a project for another time ! LOL That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave

Ideal to get around town.
ReplyDeleteYou've done an amazing job there.
Thank you misterc, a very strange looking vehicle, but very glad to finally have one ! LOL
DeleteMore your magic work!
ReplyDeleteThank you Michal, was a long winded project, for such a small piece.
DeleteThat's awesome, Dave, and one of my favourite of your kit-bashes/self-made vehicles to date. It may have only been on the silver screen for a couple of seconds but the Void Spider tx-3 is pretty iconic imho - and your build has done it proud.
ReplyDeleteThank you Simon, This one certainly tested my skills and use of materials to get the right look ! LOL
DeleteSolid work on this thing! Glad you went with a clean paintjob tho - when I drove Uber, my car was ALWAYS spotless! (Better tips that way) The blue on the dome is really well done too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dai, that is a very good point mate, I was only thinking about how dusty and dirty everything else on Tatooine was ! LOL
DeleteThis one is a true piece of dedication, I love it and how these vehicles and elements add so much to a board. Cool!
ReplyDeleteThank you Suber, I don't know if it's OCD or wanting cinematic gaming boards, but should look good in the end ! LOL Your boards have been a real inspiration too.
DeleteSplendid bit of scratch building!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you Iain, was very happy to finally have this one in the collection ! LOL
DeleteYou pulled that off really well, it’s a pretty strange shape and overall look so kudos!
ReplyDeleteThank you SD, I'd spent years looking for a 3D print for sale could find the file but not an actual print, so was easier to make it in the end.
DeleteThis looks spot on, Dave! :-) I really like it!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, was glad to get it finished in the end ! LOL
DeleteExcellent work on this one, Dave! Its interesting how clean it is considering its on Tatooine and this is Star Wars as well. That is very unlike ILM to pass up a chance to make something look more used and weathered!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, it's cleanliness surprised me too, but as that was what the reference showed, that's what I went for. Perhaps they ran out of time or dust ! LOL
Delete