As of tomorrow there is still one month left to finish up any scenery you want to do for the challenge this year, for me I've still got several bits ongoing, need to finish the turbo tank, and I should have my desk back in my room this week, which will make working on that one a lot easier. The void spider has details on three legs left to sculpt, and then finish the painting on the whole model. Plus I'm still working my way through market street, which I have started building the next part, and painting, due to the fact that once I put them in cages, they would be a nightmare to paint, So what creatures have I done so far, a flock of Porgs, and an Oki-Poki
I've also done a Kowakian Monkey Lizard, I've gone the more unusual color scheme that was seen on Hondo's pet in the Clone Wars, rather than Salicious color
I've also got a sleeping Loth Cat
Now all of these will have cages built around them, and I'm also working on a couple more creatures as well.
This still leaves two more stalls, droid parts, and riding beast rental as well, not sure if all will be done by the end of the challenge, but it gives me something to aim for.
As the title suggests I've been trying to decide some choices as well, one of them being what type of shuttle to do ? Now obviously the first one we ever saw was the Lamda class shuttle in Return of the Jedi
we then got the larger sentinel class in the extended version of a new hope
Rogue one gave us the two different size cargo shuttles, and Director Krennic's personal shuttle
the series Obi Wan Kenobi gave us a Inquisitor shuttle
Then the series Andor gave us the ISB shuttle
plus there are multiple shuttles from the clone wars that pop up from time to time
These are the cannon ones, there are lots more in the expanded universe as well ! The decision was which one to do, taking into consideration space, availability, building, price, and only picking one. Really liked the cargo shuttle in Rogue One, but would be a massive piece, and the only 3D print I've seen was over £1000, a couple of years ago I got what was listed as a Legion scale Lambda shuttle, which was tiny, at some point I will paint it up for background shots, recently I found this one
This will hopefully be arriving this week, so decision made, as it was the only one I could find without scratch building, so will add this to the list of trying to get done by the end of the challenge as well ! LOL That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave











Nice work on the beasties, Dave! :-) I really like the sleeping cat! I must admit I like the Lamda class shuttle so I think the design you've gone for looks really good!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, they are a lot of work for hiding in a cage, but will add a lot of atmosphere. The Lambda class is so iconic before all the other variations, so was worthwhile, and plus it is in the Mos Eisley picture as well ! LOL
DeleteYou got some cute looking critters there! I will say I am quite partial to the Rogue One shuttles myself...
ReplyDeleteThank you SD, for such small things they take so much time ! LOL They brought a new element to the set, just sooo large ! LOL
DeleteBeautiful little friends! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Michal, are they friends or food ? LOL
DeleteNicely done! The sleeping cat is my favourite, it's not a pose we see that much, I think it's enjoyable because of it! On the shuttle side, I think nothing beats the classic Lambda Class, of course, but you had quite a difficult competition!
ReplyDeleteThank you Suber, the pose and colors from the cat are directly from a display in Disney World creature shop, as my children love going there, i thought it would be fun to include bits they'll recognise on the table, same as the Star Tours shuttles ! LOL Indeed, any and all were viable options, as I had relevant miniatures to go with each, except the ISB one, which was very tempting when I thought I would have to go down the scratch building route ! LOL
DeleteGreat critters sir! So glad you didn't go with the Salacious club colour scheme as I hate him!
ReplyDeleteSo many shuttles, good choice though I do like the two in rusty brown myself 😉
Cheers Roger
Thank you Roger, I remembered your strong dislike of Salacious, so hoped this would be better ! LOL
DeleteI do like the Clone Wars era ones, and actually found a model kit of the top one years ago, unfortunately didn't have the budget to get at the time ! LOL
"Aw, they're so cute, can I have one ".
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, great work on the various critters.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the shuttle too.
Thank you misterc, it's a shame I can't put them on the website ! LOL
DeleteI will include a link to the seller when I post it up to.
Loth Cats are so flippin adorable and yours is straight out of the store in Disneyland that sells all the StarWars plushies of assorted critters. Really good work on all of these choices for your pet store!
ReplyDeleteThe Lambda is a great and classic design. Was it designated primarily for military usage, or were there civilian versions out there? I ask just so you might have some more interesting paint schemes to apply than the standard Imperial white/grey/meh option.
Thank you Dai, indeed that is the exact one it is based off of, just so my children will recognise it on the board ! LOL
DeleteIt was primarily for military usage, obviously the rebels stole a few for infiltration and Hondo Ohnaka stole a sentinel class one as his pirate ship, so mostly white grey it will be ! LOL
Like everyone else has said, I really like the critters! They'll add some nice personality wherever you put them in your display. I look forward to seeing the Lambda shuttle as well. That is iconic as far as Star Wars goes. At this point, I fear that I may not have much of anything for the challenge. Working on display painting has really eaten up my summer which is a bit of a shame as I need to get some more terrain done for Fallout.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, a bit of fun, but should make for an interesting stall with pops of color as well for interest, so market street should be full of interest. Hopefully the shuttle will turn out well in the end, but more on that when it gets it's own post. I wouldn't worry as I have been including your organiser, as it is scenery for your gaming in a way, but I do like seeing your Fallout scenery when you do some.
Delete