Thursday, 1 October 2026

I PREDICT A RIOT

 One of the really cool things  I found in the series Andor, was the use of lots of different types of Imperial troops, not just Stormtroopers, and wanting to replicate with my own armies, I found these great Riot Troopers on Ebay with a seller I've used before bertd70 , unfortunately all his listings have currently disappeared, hopefully he's just repopulating, but will keep an eye on it. Now the Riot Troops appeared in both season 1 and 2 of Andor, and were used as pawns on one occasion to start a riot, by being shot by an Imperial Marksmen. The models are resin 3D prints, that come as a single piece with separate  heads so you can customise quite a bit just with a head movement. The other cool part is the shields actually have gaps for the clear part of the shield to be put in with acetate.


For the painting, I highlighted the black cloth one way, and tried highlighting the armour with white contrast paint, then dulled back down with black wash, I quite like the effect, and will keep experimenting with this.

I've also found a couple of models from model kits, a Imperial Officer, and a R2 astromech, which came in a TIE fighter and X-Wing kits. Painting was straight forward. I'm going to use the astromech on the droid parts stall hence not being on a base.


Size wise they are pretty close to Legion models, and as humans come in all shapes and sizes, I'm happy with it, plus trying out the GW dark greens was a good experiment.


This month I'm hoping to paint my sons Orks for Orktober, so hopefully you may see them later in the month, and possibly some more star Wars stuff, or something else, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

8 comments:

  1. Awesome looking collection!
    Have fun in Orktober 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, hopefully I can make them look good for my son.

      Delete
  2. Great looking troops, and the officer and droid are nice too. A very useful addition to your Star Wars stuff.
    Have fun in Orktober, I do like to see orcs, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, I was surprised how well the kit models fitted in, and really enjoyed working on the riot squad, which proved interesting with the black experiments.
      Orks is not a subject I do often, so hopefully I will have something good to show.

      Delete
  3. Those riot troopers are superb, Dave, and you've painted them up very well indeed. I actually paid the eBay chap a visit and see that he's on holiday until the start of October, so perhaps that's why he ran out of models to sell..? I'd certainly be interested in some myself for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, they were a great find, as I wanted some since I saw them in the series, the experiment with the contrast paint was fun and luckily panned out ! LOL Good to know that he is on holiday, and not closed, as he is a great seller, very competitive prices, free postage, and on this delivery he packed them really well, which saved them from a clumsy courier, so would hate to not have this one in the vault of sellers.

      Delete
  4. The Force Awakens had a stormtrooper that was called a riot trooper too, if I remember right and it was a lot different looking than the ones in Andor. I think the ones in Andor have a bit more menace to them, which I like! The droid and officer also came out nicely. Painting orks should be a nice change of pace for you though I'm not surprised that some Star Wars might still sneak in too haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, there was indeed, and yes very different being he was first order, what I liked about the forces in Andor was not just the faceless Stormtroopers, but despicable humans that were bullies, and getting their comeuppance ! LOL Yes painting Orks is not my normal, but always good to challenge ourselves, and I do like Star Wars ! LOL

      Delete