Friday, 18 September 2026

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

 Todays post is a little bitter sweet, my Lambda class Imperial shuttle arrived on the 3rd of September. Now this was 6 weeks after ordering, that I can cope with as obviously it takes a while to print, unfortunately my model has several problems with it, first one of the wings arrived broken, not too much of a problem, as all the bits were there. Also one of the body halves was miscast and had huge chunks missing, but was repairable, here is a shot of what I had to work with.


The biggest problem was all the missing parts, all the wing cannons were missing, so was the tail gun, a small top plate, and the lower ramp.


As you can see I've already built or started a lot of these parts, as I tried contacting the seller, and have been completely ignored, this wasn't a cheap model at £150, I'm just glad I didn't go for the Legion scale version at £450, as it would have been an even bigger waste of money ! This isn't the first model I've got from this seller, the Y-Wing came from them, that one at least had all the parts, even they were missing some of the pipes on the main body. It's a shame as they had a lot of models I would have got, this is the seller to avoid popcultureprintinguk

Right after that negativity back to the model, as I was going to have the ramp open I painted the internal area like so, the white bits in the top are plasticard U bar as the fittings were also missing !


Once put together you can't see any of it ! LOL I also painted the crew cab, as I wanted to put a dark smoke screen on the model.


Unfortunately the screen didn't work, so this is now hidden behind the resin screen ! LOL While I'm finishing the wing guns, and the ramp I have got the whole model basecoated, and a layer of contrast paint on it, I think it's going to take a while to finish painting it, hopefully I can get it done before the end of the challenge, as it takes a toll on my hands very quickly with the weight. 


That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

6 comments:

  1. I really dislike the 3D printing thing, I am not even sure of the longevity of the prints. Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, resin prints are about the same as resin cast models on resilience, and fragility, so a level of carefulness is required in handling and fitting together, but that part I'm used to, but you still need to be careful not leaving them in direct sunlight as they will bend ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Now this has made me grumpy. Dark Fire designs are fabulous, so there should have been no problem with the printing, this is just poor customer service. Such a shame as it looks like a cracking model. Mind you if anone can turn this around it would be you Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a LOT of work and fixing to do on such a pricey kit. I'd be tempted to google where that person lives and pay them a visit in person do demand a full refund. With a baseball bat. -__-

    Regardless - that Lamda is looking great Dave, thanks to your repair work and creativity. Way to go by saving an absolute shitshow from being a total waste.

    Shame about all the time you took to paint the interiors though, they looked really good :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only ship I dont have in my Imperial fleet for X-Wing miniature game.
    but that looks beautiful man, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, this is just disappointing. One of my concerns about 3D printing is the overall quality of the miniature. As a miniature snob, the print has to be up to "commercial" levels or it just isn't worth buying to me anyway. Having said that, there's zero excuse for the poor customer service and I'm sure minis get broken in transit from time to time so they should be prepared for that too. I'm sorry you had to deal with the situation and your repairs look great to my eyes. Its going to look fantastic with weathering applied too!

    ReplyDelete