Or many small steps in my case, and no giant leaps with my knees and spine ! LOL So lets start today with a completed piece, the holographic sign board for going outside my spaceport for Star Tours, for the holographic part, I used a piece of acetate and painted the symbol on the reverse side so it glistens more.
The symbol is the same as you see at the Disney theme parks, but I changed the lettering to Aurobesh as is the standard you see in Star Wars, here is the symbol you see at the parks.
As you can see I've add some dust color on the bottom, structure, once the top section is finished I will add dust there as well, I've also started to put magnets to fix the weapons in and allow them to move easily. That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave

Crikey, I'm first to post a comment (sorry about that - I'm sure it won't happen again)! The holo-sign looks really good and a nice scenic addition! And I am so looking forward to seeing the Turbo Tank finished - it's coming along well!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, not the first time mate ! LOL Thought it was a fun scenic piece to add and a little bit different, only get to work on the Turbo Tank, when every one else is out of the house, as it gets in the way in the front room ! LOL
DeleteLove the sign, a great bit of atmosphere to add to a game.
ReplyDeleteThe spider is coming along nicely, and that tank is going to look superb.
Are we going to get a full street scene when all is done?
Sorry to hear about the aches and pains.
Thank you misterc, it was a fun piece to do and should add another dimension. Last night I got the basic shape done on the engines for the spider, so hopefully the landing gear wont take too long. The tank is slow work, but will be worth it. Once my room is done, I will endeavor to get some street shots done. My aches are constant, but will keep pushing through ! LOL
DeleteThat is a very cool sign and using Star Tours as inspiration was a fantastic idea. That is one of my favorite rides at Disney World and I love the old safety video that plays before the ride and shows a bunch of random aliens putting on seatbelts! Its good to see the tank is coming along too. That is really shaping up nicely!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, was a fun ride, and have been on the one in Disney World, and Disney Land (Paris), the safety video is great fun, as is Star Wars including the robot from Star Tours into series ! LOL The progress on the tank is slow, but I've got another two months to get it finished ! LOL
DeleteThese are wonderful steps Dave, but yes no leping about please. The holographic sign is inspired, but it's the level of detail on the other builds that I find so inspirational.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, these days I feel if I tried leaping I'd land in a pile of parts ! LOL Little details are the key for any piece of scenery, basic shapes give it the body, but the details are what really make it stand out, even if they are mostly hidden by other bits ! LOL
DeleteLove the holo-sign!. Those little stripes to show the image being projected is a very convincing touch.
ReplyDeleteHover taxi detailing is going to the next level mate. Very impressive.
And I like the dusting on the Juggernaut. Am sure something so large and heavy would throw up all sorts of dust clouds as it trundles about.
Thank you Dai, I looked at all the holographic images I could in live action, and the projection lines were a constant, so knew I needed to include some.
DeleteNice to get the top half finished on the construction.
The reference picture I'm working from, had a lot, and like you I reckon this thing will make a lot of mess ! LOL
Nice sign, lots of great progress!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you Iain, they've all been fun to work on.
Delete