Yet another tangent today, a Orc building for my sons Orc Killteam. I built the building a couple of years back, just never got round to detailing or painting. Styled after the old 40K buildings that used to be in White Dwarf, the difference with mine is I've added buttressing for cover points, and the doors are big enough for an Orc Nob to be able to get through.
It was made with foamboard, which I reinforced with cocktail sticks, on the joins, and covered in wall filler for texture. The details were made from plasticard, and the barrels are from my range, to add more cover spots around the building. My son chose Death Skulls as the faction he wanted, even though his models are Blood Axe commando's, and who am I to stop his creativity, far from it I will happily encourage it, and help him any way I can. I made the building, as not only a scenery piece for gaming, but somewhere he can display his models.
That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave
Waaargh. That's great. Orks were definitely better back then.
ReplyDeleteThank you misterc, yes they used to be great fun, with tons of character ! LOL
DeleteI love this Dave and can see it be used in a multitude of different settings too. Great job Sir.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michael, happy with the finish, and my son loves it, which is the main thing.
DeleteVery nice work, Dave. I have a few of those in some sort of resin from the old Armourcast/Forge World/Epicast days, but none I've taken the time to build myself! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Azazael, wow Armourcast, that's a blast from the past, I actually went on their site last week, as I hadn't been on it for years, was disappointed with the very small range of scenery they had, as they used to have some fantastic pieces.
DeleteLooks very and appropriately orky. Graffiti is a great touch! Would love to hear how it fits in on the game table during your boy's games.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dai, needed a little pop of color on the rear of the model, so graffiti was the way to go, my son thought the Grot liberation front sounded hilarious ! LOL once the gaming room is up and running again, hopefully I get some in game pictures done, mind you he's already requested some Squig Hounds to guard the building ! LOL
Deletehahaha!!
ReplyDeletethat's funny. now the real question is, is that a graffiti piece of Mork or Gork??
looks great though. i'm afraid my terrain pieces i ordered won't arrive in time to complete the season of scenery challenge.
but they're ordered so fingers crossed they will get here sooner than later.
Thank you Mr. Martin, it's the Deff Skulls symbol, but could be classed as Mork or Gork depending on your preference ! LOL
DeleteI know the feeling, one of the bits I've ordered isn't due until the middle of September, so will be tight to get it done, hope yours arrive sooner rather than later, or you can make some scatter to enter instead.
well now it's gonna arrive in a few days, so maybe i'll get my buildings done by Aug 1st. we'll see.
DeleteGreat news on your delivery, look forward to seeing your buildings.
DeleteThat reminds me of scenery my son bought off of a bring and buy many years back when he was into 40k and Orks , they weren't as nice as that though.
ReplyDeleteCheers Roger
Thank you Roger, a lot of these were around in the late 80's and 90's, decided against doing checks around the parapets though ! LOL
DeleteGreat work, love those old-school ork buildings.
ReplyDeleteThank you snapfit, I enjoyed doing updates to parts to make it fit with the modern style, like armour shutter windows instead of just open holes ! LOL
DeleteThis has come out really nicely, Dave! :-) A simple design but with lots of character!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, my son likes it, which was the main thing for me.
DeleteI don't know, Dave... that looks an awful lot like a building on Tatooine! Have the Orks landed there now too!? :) In all seriousness, it is a great piece of terrain and I love the graffiti that shows the Orks have made themselves at home too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, I know the same color and texture make them very close ! LOL The graffiti was fun to do both the symbol and lettering, certainly added another level to the piece.
DeleteGreat looling old skool orc building!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you Iain, I left off some bits I wasn't keen on, and added details that made sense to me, like the shuttered windows and metal doors ! LOL
Delete