Thursday, 30 July 2026

BOARDING PASSES PLEASE

 Today I have another Starspeeder 1000 to show, some of you may remember I painted one before in the Disney World (Florida) color scheme Starspeeder, today's version is painted in the Disney Land (Paris) color scheme, I have visited both parks and both rides so thought it would be fun to have both versions.


Some of the panel lines you see above were added with a pencil, as they did not appear on the model but were in the reference. Below is the reference picture, and also a picture of all the other color schemes, that Disney show in their diecast range.


No modifications on this 3D print, which I got from shadthelost on Ebay, the same seller I got the Turbo Tank from, The print lines were a lot better on this one I was able to do some weathering to match the reference. That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

22 comments:

  1. Cracking stuff.

    You've done a great job there. I shall be investigating that link as I've very few vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you misterc, he has a few vehicles, they are all filament print, so some sanding or filling may be required, if you search Star Wars Legion on Ebay, or Etsy you may find some resin print vehicles, they don't tend to stay up for long, I found this one today https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/257296526451?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20250417133020%26meid%3D8d13ec32b13e423ba3c8c562e18a82f9%26pid%3D102726%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D257296526451%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DRecentlyViewedItemsV2DWebWithPSItemDRV2_BP%26brand%3DImperial&_trksid=p4375194.c102726.m162918

      Delete
  2. Very nice! A fun wedge of a ship. I had no idea that each park's Star Tours vessel was a different colour until now. Good print too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, yes just the two color schemes though, the diecasts are just concept color schemes ! LOL The print was a lot cleaner than the last one which allowed the white color scheme.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, another project off the list ! LOL

      Delete
  4. This is really lovely! Cool, solid paintjob, what a nice piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, should make for a more interesting Star Port, rather than a big open space ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you airbornegrove25, a different sort of crossover ! LOL

      Delete
  6. John@justneedsvarnish31 July 2026 at 06:49

    Looks really good, Dave, and the white scheme has come out very well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, as it was a vehicle I didn't worry about getting a pure white or even a even coating which worked in the long run ! LOL

      Delete
  7. Great work as usual mate, not going for all the different schemes then?

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, They take up too much space to do all of them ! LOL Plus there is a shuttle from Rebels, that I would like to do for the spaceport.

      Delete
  8. Is the Disney Land Paris version of Star Tours in French? I'm pretty sure I rode that when we went and I can't remember any longer. I definitely remember thinking Disney would be interesting to visit if everything was in French but it wasn't as much like that as I expected. I do distinctly remember feeling like the only non-Europeans there which was interesting considering I'd only been to Disney in my own country previously.

    I love the final results and while the ship is obviously a theater disguised as a ship, it still looks pretty darn cool and very Star Wars. Having George Lucas so involved in Star Tours is probably one of the reasons why it turned out so well and why the ride feels very authentic. If only things were still that way now with Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, from what I recall the Paris ride did it in English and French, so it is an interesting one.
      You're not wrong on it's aesthetics, and yes his involvement seriously helped it turn out as it did, although the updated screen shots of First Order aren't as good ! LOL Hoping to see what Dave Filoni does being in charge now and if he can bring it back.

      Delete
    2. I've heard that there were updates made to Star Tours, which I'm skeptical I will enjoy. The Rise of the Resistance looks really cool and impressive and I'd like to ride it but its also about the First Order which would not have been my choice of Star Wars setting... I hope Dave can make me enjoy Star Wars again too. Its been too long since I was excited about laser swords!

      Delete
    3. Thankfully only one of the stories is based on First Order, all the others are based on movies one to six. Even though the Rise of the Resistance, is based on First Order time frame, it is a good ride to go on, as is smugglers run, where you fly the Falcon, and that area of the park also has proper Stormtroopers now, not just First Order. I enjoyed The Mandalorian and Grogu, and was a good continuation of their story, so hopefully it will continue, still hold little hope for episode 11 though ! LOL

      Delete
  9. That looks huge, Dave. What an incredible beast to paint. How many parts did the 3D print come in, or was it already assembled. Fantastic work on the paint-job either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the doorways are large enough that even a Wookie can fit through ! LOL The main structure came in two pieces, each of the weapons came in two pieces, and the astromech was separate piece, so seven in total, quite a small amount in comparison to some prints.

      Delete
  10. Splendid looking starspeeder, lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, the better print quality of this one allowed me to do the white color scheme.

      Delete