This week has been mostly the life size painting kind, so I could get my work room to a point I could use, below is a picture of the corner with my desk, probably the tidiest it has ever been or will be ! ! LOL
It's had a coat of paint, and end plates fitted to make the area look tidier, I've changed the areas around as well, the left is now construction, photographing, and painting large pieces, it's the area with the best light, with the 180 degree arch light, plus the two lamps for photographs. The right is where my PC and paint storage and mixing, still got to adjust where the second paint rack fits, hopefully get that done this week, and find places to fit things as I go.
I have found a little time for modelling this week as well, and finished the second underhang on the Turbotank. This was all greenstuff, and I even remembered to take a picture before fitting the wheels on ! LOL
All the wheels are now on, and I've also finished adding all the panelling on the second side, just a set of hand ladder rungs to add to the back cab, and I'll be down to the painting to get this beast finished.
That's all for today, hopefully next week will be more models, less room painting ! LOL Until next time, stay safe, and have fun !
Cheers Dave
Looking great Dave. Waiting for next progress.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michal, hopefully wont take too long ! LOL
DeleteThe room is really coming together and it looks like a cozy space to work. I hobby in the basement so I don't have any windows that I can look out of so I like that you've setup the desk near one. The tank/troop carrier is really coming together as well. Its going to look incredible when its done, especially with all of the weathering.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff, it's slowly coming together, and yes nice to watch nature from my desk, as I used to have my desk in the other corner without the window ! LOL Hoping to have the tank finished this week, as long as I don't keep missing bits ! LOL
DeleteLooking good, probably the nicest that area will ever be again haha. And loving that turbo tank!
ReplyDeleteThank you SD, you're not wrong there ! LOL It's finally all coming together, and a lot easier with space to work.
DeleteThat's excellent. Wow, what a work. But those walls look too white! I strongly recommend some Agrax wash! LOL
ReplyDeleteDoes that count for your Season of Scenery??
The Turbotank is coming along so nicely!
Thank you Suber, I did think about painting it atmospherically with industrial look and hazard markings, but would have taken ages, as for the earthshade, I reckon it's only a matter of time, before that ends up where it's not supposed to be ! LOL
DeleteI've counted other peoples life size bits in previous years, but it was the wife and children that painted the walls on this one, I only did a little of the gloss work ! LOL
I've got all the base colors on now, and started a lot of the weathering, hopefully shouldn't take too long.
I'm envious of your dedicated hobby space, it's coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteAnd great to see more progress on the turbotank
Thank you misterc, once I find a home for everything properly this time, it should work well, as long as I don't fill the desk with loads of models waiting to be finished like I did last time ! LOL
DeleteNot being able to work on it while my room was out of commission, has given me a real sense of urgency to get it finished, even with other distractions ! LOL
The studio is coming along great!
ReplyDeleteThank you Grimmleigh's Fiends, it's nice to finally see it all coming together.
DeleteThat workspace is a good looking setup Dave. I'm envious! Will be a flippin long while before I'll find myself with something similar. How is painting under that light arch? They always looked a little movement-restrictive to me in the pics I've seen?
ReplyDeleteThe Juggernaut is looking tres sexi! AND HUGE! Stands to reason it would be at 28mm scale, but still, that's a hunk of hobby-work for sure!
Thank you Dai, yes I am very lucky with the size of workspace I have. As for the arch I made this one to the dimensions I wanted so it's 34 inches across, and the top of the dome is 20 inches high, so I've got a decent amount of space in there, just have to turn it off if I need single point light reference ! LOL
DeleteYou are not kidding on the size, or weight ! LOL Did mean I had to limit time working on it, as it would be very taxing on my hands ! LOL
Good to see your room (and the tank) coming along nicely! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you John, lots of shelving units needed now, so that will take a while, and as you know the tank is now finished thankfully ! LOL
Delete